connecting wireless router to my ADSL modem

• Thread starter Thread starter abhiraghav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,332

abhiraghav

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I have a BSNL one broadband connection. I connect to the net via the DB108 ADSL modem. The modem connects to my computer via the ethernet port. I have a D-Link DI-614 wireless router which I want to use for wireless access at home. Please note that the router does not have an embedded modem. It is only a router....I tried the following:Step 1) Connect the wireless router to the modem via an ethernet cable.Step 2) Connect my PC to the wireless router via an ethernet cable.However, I am not able to access the internet for some reason. The IP addresses of my modem and router are 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1. I am clueless on what I must do to set this problem right. I would be grateful for any suggestions. This is slightly urgent so please let me know if you have a solution asap.

Presume you can connect to Internet with DB108.
1.TRY "always on mode" in DB108 adsl modem. Enable DHCP.( If also D-Link model select DB108 from the website given below, and select this model (left side menu bottom )
2.DI-524
3. In computer and laptop ( in TCP/IP properties select assign IP address automatically.
enter DNS 208.67.220.220. and 208.67.222.222
Start run type cmd type ipconfig/all and check.

thank you for your message. I'm not sure I understood completely. would you kindly clarify a couple of things? I am totally illiterate regarding such matters:

1.TRY "always on mode" in DB108 adsl modem. Enable DHCP.( If also D-Link model select DB108 from the website given below, and select this model (left side menu bottom )
2.DI-524

>>> how do I enable the "always on mode" on the DB108 modem? I didn't find any means of selecting DB108 on this website:

DI-524

how should I do it?

3. In computer and laptop ( in TCP/IP properties select assign IP address automatically. enter DNS 208.67.220.220. and 208.67.222.222

>>> I guess I can figure this out as this appears reasonably straightforward, so shouldn't be a problem :)

Can you help with the first two steps? Thanks dude.

1.Arre baba at least you could have mentioned the model make Linksys dareglobal/ smc/buffalo (Me ?) etc. It will take me time to search in GOOGLE the information.
2 confirm you are connecting to Internet without any problem with DB108
3. Is it always on or you have to dial everytime to connect ?
I am totally illiterate regarding such matters:
Just follow the instructions in the wizard of D-Link.
4. IF you click the link appearing in blue DI524 you will open the DLINK website.
5. It is Dare global. Follow the instructions. Before you try any changes copy present settings of each page in a notebook or select "save settings" in the modem page.
New Page 1

Back