• Thread starter Thread starter arnav_ch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,101

arnav_ch

Regulars
ISP
2 mbps @ 849NU(MTNL)
Hi. i got an Email from another user regarding how to follow consumer redressal using the Consumer helpline(he got info from some of my posts).i ask ed hm for more details and he said he wants to complain since the time with MTNL and actual IST is different and as a result, he has multiple logs from 12-8.01 and some usage (about 15 mb daily) is counted. and ihe is on 849NU plan.i have already sent him details.what i want to know is , is the case actually this?? also, if yes, how can one gather proof?coz if proof can be got, this can become a pretty good fight.also, do any other user have same problem?

from my calculations, MTNL mumbai server time is 3-4 minuted ahead of IST.i would say there is no point in going all through this. it will be just a waste of time and a big headache for you and your friend. in the end nothing will change.easiest way out is set your time to the same as MTNL server's time.you can do that by disconnecting and noting the time. then check your logs to see what MTNL server's time it is.

thanks will advice this to that spefic user too.just one more question,(just for curiosity), where can i check MTNL server time and Actual IST to check the difference?i knwo i changed the time on my PC long time back but want to change it on my Laptop too and want to recheck.hope you can help me in this.thanks.

^ read my post above again. i have mentioned it there.

bump for what?today i had checked he MTNL server time. it seems its now the same as IST, maybe a min behind.

Back