Create a LAN with 450TC1 Router on airtel broadband

cooldeveloper

ISP
Airtel Broadband 512 Kbps
I have an airtel 512 Kbps connection with a 450TC1 router. Can I use it to create a LAN in such a way that my 2 PCs & a laptop can connect to internet as well as with each other? I tried by assigning the IP addresses manually but it didn't work. Please help me out.

Enable DHCP In all systems TCP/IP obtain Ip addreess automatically.Check WA3002-g1 for details about this modem/router/wifi.For file/folderharing ICS to be enabled in all systems.Mention your OS>

Two PCs have Windows XP Professional and the Laptop has Windows 7 Professional. PCs are connected through LAN cable and the Laptop uses Wifi. I'm also planning to setup another PC with Linux (Fedora) to this setup.

Enable DHCP
In all systems TCP/IP obtain Ip addreess automatically.
Check WA3002-g1 for details about this modem/router/wifi.

For file/folderharing ICS to be enabled in all systems.
Mention your OS>

Yeah. Its the same. But I have a problem with DHCP. My machines connect to each other through IP address. If I enable DHCP, then the IP addresses of the machines would change and this will affect some of the servers (Apache, MySQL). Is there a way that I bind IP addresses to machines so that those PCs get same IP address everytime?

Confirm your router pages look like this ( except help)
http://i50.tinypic.com/2gwvzbc.jpg
further replies on 13th only

REF:Initial Setup of WA3002-g1 ADSL Modem

Share Folders & Files Between Vista and XP Machines - How-To Geek
link with all screenshots.

Yeah. Its the same. But I have a problem with DHCP. My machines connect to each other through IP address. If I enable DHCP, then the IP addresses of the machines would change and this will affect some of the servers (Apache, MySQL). Is there a way that I bind IP addresses to machines so that those PCs get same IP address everytime?

Is there any other solution to my problem?

Could not bind the IP address. So, I used a way-around. Instead of using IP addresses to communicate, I am using the host names of the computers. This works really well.

Back