Creating a Google Alias?

ISP
Jio
I have a childish Google ID. I had created it when I was a kid and now feel ashamed in giving it to anyone.
Same was the case with my Yahoo ID but I successfully created an alias there and it worked out pretty well.
I wanna do the same for my Google account? Is it possible.
I use so many Google services, GMail, Google+, Android, Blogspot, Hangouts, Chrome, etc. to name a few where I use my Google ID. Is it possible to create an alias so that I can log in using the new ID and have all the settings and other stuff there.
Something like there are two usernames for one account and the new one becomes the primary username.
Possible?

whats your id?

Google does not offer any aliases. What you can do and it is not going to be easy would be to use Google Takeout to migrate as much data as you can and set the appropriate forwarding.
Simpler would be to create a new non-childish ID purely for email and use it for public distribution and forward mails from that to your primary ID.

Well but then my current ID stays with my Google+/Hangouts. And people mostly get that email ID synced to their contacts. Can I somehow make my new ID work on Google+ and Hangouts too?

You can always export your contacts from your old id and import into new one and then you can use Hangouts as usual from the new id.

Check out Google Takeout. Google and read detailed articles on the web related to migrating from one Google ID to another. The process is possible but quite painful especially if you want to migrate your entire email data to the new ID. Rest of the things are quite simple.

Back