Cyanogen Inc. is now Andrasta

Cortana On Cyanogen: CEO Kirt McMaster On Building The Next Great Smartphone OS
McMaster revealed that Cyanogen is working with Microsoft to deeply integrate Cortana into the next version of Cyanogen OS. This is key to catapulting Cyanogen into the mass market, he asserts: Cortana is currently available as an app on Android, but in order for it to make a real difference, it needs to be able to be integrated at the OS level so that its full potential can be leveraged.

“Natural language coupled with intelligence is very important but as an application it doesn’t rally work because you need to be embedded into the framework of the OS because that is where you get all the signal from the services that makes that intelligence smarter,” explained McMaster.
MS trying to kill Android (and Windows Phone as well) with Cyanogen :D

LOL. They're actually trying to put a bullet in their own head.

Oh, so thread existed already. Please my post and other replies to this Thread from Cyanogen Updates thread.

Can someone tell me what does being deeply integrated into OS means.. I mean google now is a standalone app. How is it integrated into android?

google now is kind of bundled with google authorized devices. plus it is accessible from swipe up command or long press on the home button on such devices. it is an independent app but is preinstalled and integrated into native buttons of the device. plus i believe it is also becoming app aware. selection of a text in any app loads up google now on demand? i forgot the name of the feature. plus on modern devices you can configure it to wake up on a voice command that works even when the phone is locked.

Hmm.. The feature is now on tap. Home button can be configured though. Waking by voice is an integrated thingy I guess.

I still would want it search my phone offline deeper. Like filenames, songs, apps, contacts etc something like Windows 10

what cyanogen and microsoft want to do is replace the same functionality with cortana. cortana app can already replace the home button behavior on any device it is installed on. cyanogen devices would probably come with this functionality preloaded. so consumers would never even see google now.

Back