D-Link DSL-2750U or TP-LINK-MR3420 Wi-Fi router , which to buy ?

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 16,859

MediaFire

Twisted
ISP
Bsnl Evdo
D-Link DSL-2750U, Rs 2040
TP-Link-MR3420, Rs 2450
never used any kind of modem till now , never had the gift of wired broadband connection
this wifi router is to share my BSNL EVDO connection over wifi , area to cover 1000 sqft house single floor .
both these models are EVDO compatible , no of devices to be used 1 laptop over LAN connection , 1 laptop and 3 smart phones over wifi
i can go for small portable wifi router with USB port but buying these above models for future safe
which modem to chose from the above 2 ?

TP-Link-MR3420 all the way.

go for TP-Link-MR3420 as D-Link works with ONLY one specific 3g dongle model of its own!! TPLink works with a lot of 3g dongles. Also u can opt for Wired connection with existing BSNL, MTNL etc incase you want to do that.

powerontop said:
go for TP-Link-MR3420 as D-Link works with ONLY one specific 3g dongle model of its own!! TPLink works with a lot of 3g dongles. Also u can opt for Wired connection with existing BSNL, MTNL etc incase you want to do that.
thanks for the valid input , read the fine prints after ur reply !!
siren said:
go for dlink for its range. also the dlink model which you mentioned is the modem + router while tplink model is just a wireless router.
like u said TP link is just router , but i think only TP link will serve my purpose , cant buy D-Link it wont serve my purpose

Haven't used either of the two products you listed but using TP-Link 741 worked awesome on windows XP and as soon as i updated to windows 7 started getting fluctuating speeds on it lol Had to solve it by changing the wifi position worked fine then :) TP Link usually have better range than most Wifi vs Price :)

i had this experience. same seller from flipkart doesnt deliver to my location but from Amazon he can deliver..didnt quiet understand the logic behind it.
Anyways if you are using bsnl evdo, then it works with D-Link. Also amazon wont upset you.

Back