Datafox - Bandwidth Usage Monitoring Extension For MTNL Triband Broadband

Delhi does not seems to work at all. Got the 1.7 version on FF3. Checked the source and could not located WEB SELF CARE anywhere which is the login page to for usage/general information....

^^ everywhere it says talkToServer("http://" + this.domain ..... , so either this.domain is universally defined someplace else or it fetches the link from a server

^^ everywhere it says talkToServer("http://" + this.domain ..... , so either this.domain is universally defined someplace else or it fetches the link from a server

I searched for the IP as well of Web Self Care 202.159.215.149 but no where to be found...I am guessing that MTNL Delhi prob changed it....

There are now two MTNL Bombay sites, and in this version I updated it to handle the second site used for users with "@" in their usernames.

I had absolutely no idea that MTNL Delhi also has a new (or older?) site, DataFox only works for register.bol.net.in. So, you cannot check your usage at register.bol.net.in, only on this 202.159.. site? How long has that site been up? Can you guys tell me what is different about your broadband accounts that forces you to use this site? New connections? Special usernames?

I'm a BSNL user in Pune, if you guys don't tell me, there is no way I will find out. I'll need help to put this in, but will be in the next version of DatFox, perhaps a couple of months out. In the meanwhile, if you want to help, please send me a username and password I can use to add support.

Don't know how long has the new 202.159.215.149 been up and running for (I moved to India in January 09). Basically if you go to register.bol.net.in, insert your username and password it takes you to another page where you click the login button (only button available) and then it takes you to 202.159.215.149 (WEB SELF CARE) where again you insert the same username/password, click on usage summary and it shows it to you. I have now bookmarked WEB SELF CARE so I do not have to go through the long process.

any other info you need?

btw - I am more than happy to give you my username and password, if you want to check links and verify things etc...

kwaan, thanks for the quick reply.I just spoke to Apoorv who tested the Delhi functionality. For him, going to register.bol.net.in and entering his credentials takes him directly to his usage details without any redirects in between. Not sure why you are being redirected - is your username just your phone number? What is your IP range? Trying to figure out what is different with your connection.

kwaan, thanks for the quick reply.

I just spoke to Apoorv who tested the Delhi functionality. For him, going to register.bol.net.in

my bad...it is MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LIMITED but I had the IP saved instead of the domain name so was getting confused...but it's the above domain name that I have to use to check usage, not just register.bol.net.in

but when I installed the plugin and inserted the phone number as username and password and hit login, a red X stays at bottom right corner of the icon and nothing happenes? what's going on there?

yea username is just phone number and nothing else...IP range is
59.177.132.XXX

my bad...it is MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LIMITED but I had the IP saved instead of the domain name so was getting confused...but it's the above domain name that I have to use to check usage, not just register.bol.net.in
Yes, DataFox uses that same address, I only mentioned the domain in my post.

If you hover over the icon, it should give you some idea of what error it ran into. Let me know what that is.

Otherwise, just PM me your username and password and I will check it out here. Thanks!

manu, is DataFox working for you?

kwaan,Thanks for your details. Even though you go to the same site initially, the flow is different. Apoorv for instance does not have to click "Login" again and re-enter his credentials. Seems that Delhi is redirecting you based on your username and unfortunately DataFox is not prepared for this.Are any other users experiencing this problem? Is DataFox working for you? Please respond so we may have a better idea of what is going on.Thanks!

Back