DD Direct Plus on DVB-T

• Thread starter Thread starter yash.yash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7,273
I have a dvb-t set top box with a ci slot. Can I use it to watch DD Direct Plus?

No. You need DVB-S set top box. But you can receive DD Metro with it. I forgot the Frequency and Symbol rate for that. If your DVB-T is QAM then you can use it with your cable, provided they are FTA digital cable.

No. You need DVB-S set top box. But you can receive DD Metro with it. I forgot the Frequency and Symbol rate for that. If your DVB-T is QAM then you can use it with your cable, provided they are FTA digital cable.
DD Metro? that channel has stopped long time back. I think DD did start DTT in Delhi & Chennai, but no news about it later. What details did you have.
Thanks in advance :)

Sorry I was still remembering that old name. Now it is DD news. DD news was available in DTT. I forgot its frequency and symbol rate :( They used to advertise about it in 2005 November. It was available in Chennai that time. Not sure about now. I don't have DTT stbs so I am not able to check or confirm it :cry:

I have a dvb-t set top box with a ci slot. Can I use it to watch DD Direct Plus?

DVB-T : Terrestrial
DVB-S : Satellite
DVB-H : Handheld (in mobiles)

So, ve a DVB-S (better S2) STB or PCI card like Technisat Skystar2 (for PC use)

DTT means?:confused:
DTT means Digital Terrestial Transmission. Our normal transmission is analogue, but in many countries the terrestial transmission is digitised. In India also DD had planned for DTT & probably started test transmission in Delhi & Chennai.
DTT advantages are like we can transmit data along with Audio/Video which not possible in Analog. Data could be EPG, Text information like News, Weather, scores, etc. Also Multi-Audio & Stereo Audio is possible in DTT.

DTT means Digital Terrestial Transmission. Our normal transmission is analogue, but in many countries the terrestial transmission is digitised. In India also DD had planned for DTT & probably started test transmission in Delhi & Chennai.
DTT advantages are like we can transmit data along with Audio/Video which not possible in Analog. Data could be EPG, Text information like News, Weather, scores, etc. Also Multi-Audio & Stereo Audio is possible in DTT.

I think DTT Signals is Available in Chennai. i think its need a Very Small Antenna, Few years back i have seen the News about DTT in DD News.

Back