• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6,802

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
After looking at Channel content, it can be seen that even on DDD+ the TAMIL channels are having dominance. There are 5 TAMIL & 3 PUNJABI private channels. What about other languages in India.Is it that these private channels are more aggresive in promoting or is DD unfair in approaching other languages. While launching service they had promised channels for every part of country.Even the DD DTH section on DD NEWS site is not updated and it shows the information at time of launch with old channels.When will DD wake up?

May be they will have to enforce an ordinance stating compulsory free sharing of channels irrespective whether FTA or Pay :yahoo: that will do :D

Keep aside pay channels, still we have good FTA channels like Music (B4U/Zee/YO), News (Aaj Tak/HT/IBN7/NDTV India/Samay) and some ETV channels which DD can surely try to get on board to improve channel content quality. Apart from that they can raise program quality in regional genre like Marathi/Gujarati/Kanada so viewers can be satisfied with DD regional channel. Also they can start some more GEC/Movies channels of their own on its DTH

This is DD we are talking about, remember? Anyway, this might have something to do with carriage fees. Or channels might not be interested in the average DD Direct viewer.

After looking at Channel content, it can be seen that even on DDD+ the TAMIL channels are having dominance. There are 5 TAMIL & 3 PUNJABI private channels. What about other languages in India.

To get channels in other languages I guess you would have to wait till we get I&B ministers from other states :)

After looking at Channel content, it can be seen that even on DDD+ the TAMIL channels are having dominance. There are 5 TAMIL & 3 PUNJABI private channels. What about other languages in India.
Is it that these private channels are more aggresive in promoting or is DD unfair in approaching other languages. While launching service they had promised channels for every part of country.
Even the DD DTH section on DD NEWS site is not updated and it shows the information at time of launch with old channels.
When will DD wake up?
Well it has just gone up with the addition of Makkal TV and Mega TV. The tamil channels on DD D+ are Sun, Sun News, Jaya, Kalaingar, DD Podhigai, Win TV, Makkal TV & Mega TV.

I think its more to do towards the broadcaster. If somebody wants to use DD D+ platform they need to pay the carriage fees which I think has hit a low compared to the charges they use to levy when they launched the service. Now I believe the charges are around Rs. 25 Lacs for Indian channel and Rs. 50 Lacs for foreign channel. New tamil channels are using it to easily reach the combined base of over 3 million subscribers on DD D+ and Dish TV. No doubt its dominated only by Tamil channels and its very very cheap proposition for a tamil viewer who can watch almost all the popular tamil channels on DD D+ without any subscription charges. Its very useful for the rural mass who may not have the cable network.

It appears that some of you are not clear as to the reason for good number of tamil tv channels in DD+CAS has been implemented and chennaites being conservatives have not subscribed to the PAY channels. Hardly 10% of them would have subscribed for pay channels. The broadcasters have no other alternatives but to offer them free if they want TRP ratings and good advertisement revenue.DD+ being the only free DTH many are opting for it. It is only an one time investment of 3000 RS and no other costs subsequently.If people dont pay for pay channels than everyone will be getting all the channels free. However form todya the following tamil channels are not there in DD+ Sun News,Sun TV andJaya TV

Back