DD Tamil (Podhigai) gone from Tata Sky DTH?

• Thread starter Thread starter dyna
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 10,667
what does zinga...lala means. lol

I think it is a very bad move on the part of Tata Sky. By the way I thought it was compulsory to carry doordarshan channels in the commercial services bouquet. I think all of us should complain loud and clear to TATASKY about this and make them revert the move. I feel that their compression of Tamil channels is also more compared to the Hindi channels resulting in loss of clarity of images

I think it is a very bad move on the part of Tata Sky. By the way I thought it was compulsory to carry doordarshan channels in the commercial services bouquet. I think all of us should complain loud and clear to TATASKY about this and make them revert the move. I feel that their compression of Tamil channels is also more compared to the Hindi channels resulting in loss of clarity of images

DD channels come under FTA all DD channels are not compulsory to be provided hence important DD channels are telecasted.

am an old customer of TS and going to move to BIG DTH as they have more regional channels with good quality and reasonable package pricing

Hi, Friend It is a right thing to move, Pls do consider Videocon they are providing many regional channels, just have a look at it, have a demo look before u buy any other DTH.

Hi, Friend
It is a right thing to move, Pls do consider Videocon they are providing many regional channels, just have a look at it, have a demo look before u buy any other DTH.

Upfront promotion of other brand should not discourage the purpose of discussing in this forum.:madness:

Tata Sky reply
"In the last review DD Podhigai, DD Kashir, DD Punjabi and DD Gujarati channels came up as content with extremely limited viewer ship and thus the channels were removed from the EPG listing and was not dropped from Tata Sky platofrm and are still available with Tata Sky as a part of Actve services (Actve Doordarshan channel).
Karthik: Are you agree for that? Earlier they removed in TataSky and then added based on for viewer needs. Please check earlier threads.
Also, DTH operators are required to carry a certain minimum number of Doordarshan channels and we did what is required under the regulatory guidelines.

The configuration on Tata Sky has been enabled such that it has no impact on the consumers; with them being able to view these channels adequately, optimally and efficiently.

Also, we have forwarded your feedback to the respective team and we highly value your relationship with us and respect the feedback provided.

We continue to work in the best interest of our subscribers and will make all efforts possible to improve the service so that you get the best value."

Ill check D2H Vediocon today and reply the same asap. Better to move D2H or Airtel, its better for money and stress free.

/// In the last review DD Podhigai, DD Kashir, DD Punjabi and DD Gujarati channels came up as content with extremely limited viewer ship and thus the channels were removed from the electronic program guide listing and was not dropped from Tata Sky platofrm and are still available with Tata Sky as a part of Actve services (Actve Doordarshan channel). ///This is utter nonsense. DD pothigai is an extremely popular channel. In Tamil, many of the private (almost all beamed by TataSky) are owned by politician crooks and are extremely biased. DD pothigai is the sole channel for good news.DD pothigai is the only good channel where the whole family can watch without hesitation and enjoy.Many of the DD pothigai programmes in Tamil are extremely popular in tamil speaking community. Their sunday afternoon quiz and cookery programmes are very popular with students and housewives. No other tamil channel has anything like that.DD pothigai relays many cultural programmes - classic music, classical dance, temple round up etc. These are not available at any other tamil private channels. Pothigai is the only source of this.DD pothigai broadcasts almost all major tamilnadu cultural programmes live - Thiruvannamalai karthigai deepam festival, sabarimala festival, sani peyarchi festival, tiyagaraja festival etc. No other tamil private channel does this.DD pothigai teams up with other doordarshan channels and broadcasts many cultural common programmes. Like tirupathi brahmotsavam festival, kumb mela etc. No other private channel does that.DD pothigai is the only source for classical old movies. classical old film songs.And of course, DD pothigai is the only source for agricultural programmes.It is stupid of Tata Sky to scrap this.This shows that they do not understand the undercurrents of tamil community requirements. May be, they don't understand about any regional tastes. Or, Perhaps they don't care. It is as if they have given up on tamil community and expects them to run behind Sun DTH who is a monopoly in this.Or, perhaps, no one in Tata Sky watches these programmes and therefore some a..ole has taken this decision.Tata Sky sucks.

Back