Deepika Padukone: My Choice

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 9,252
Deepika Padukone: Dont Agree With Infidelity, Empowerment is Equality - NDTV Movies

"I was a bit disappointed with the reaction, but I'm someone who will always look at the positive side and tell myself there is a large part of people who understood what I was trying to do. There were certain issues I had with the script itself from the couple of lines that were given to me but I dove into it keeping the larger initiative in mind. I personally do not endorse infidelity of any kind. For me trust marriage and honesty is a very sacred thing."

Great so misguide youth and then silently say that I dont agree with it.

so basically she went ahead with it even though she did not agree with it? what an actor. must be given an award or something.

Yes commercial acting is different.

But promoting what you do not believe is very immoral and irresponsible.

commercial ads are also different. i mean i already criticize these actors for promoting products that they do not use themselves. i mean check any actor endorsing an android smartphone (or blackberry). all his tweets would usually be from an iPhone/ipad.

but the vogue video was a public message. women empowerment. not a commercial for vogue. she was not saying buy vogue because it's the best magazine out there.

so this is very different from movies and regular commercials.

It got a negative reaction. But a positive reaction would have garnered a lot of attention for Vogue (and perhaps strengthened Deepika's position in the industry). So , I am 50-50 in terms of seeing that as purely PSA...

Back