DHCP issue | Dragon path router

ISP
Airtel
So they have installed this Dragon path ont router at my house. I use 2 other routers to extend the wifi range. One is TP-link archer a6 and the other is MI 4a gigabit router. As you guys probably know Airtel DNS is pretty garbage. So I have set as shown below in screenshot
N8Rdvrz.png

The problem with this approach is, after let's say a random time interval of around 20-24 hours. This DNS information won't be passed to my clients(mobile, pc, etc.) when connected through the extenders. But I will get this DNS values if I connect directly to the main router(airtel router). To solve the issue I have to reboot the airtel router. And then it'll work for like another 20-24 hours. And then same issue will occur. Do you guys have any permanent solution to this.

I also cannot use DNS relay and set DNS by going in services/dns. Because that's causing timout to resolve dns requests on all my dns. So it will take like 4-5 seconds to resolve the dns even when it does. If anyone is suffering by this issue and found a permanent solution. Please do let me know

Since you say that it happens around 20 yo 24 hours, then the only thing that might be causing this issue would be DHCP Lease time. can you try to assign manual IP to your extenders by assigning it in the Dragon Path Router.

The issue happens to both routers. One has a dynamic IP assigned and other is fixed.

But I think I have fixed the issue by resetting the airtel router. I reset it 2 days ago and have set the dns from LAN > DHCP > toggle mannual dns. Haven't had the issue since then. I hope it's fixed.

Back