Disconnection with Linksys WAG 200G and powercut

• Thread starter Thread starter aghosht
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 7,213

aghosht

ISP
MTNL triband
I use a Linksys WAG 200G wireless ADSL Router on MTNL ADSL (Mumbai). Can anyone send me the settings for the router – I seem to be getting disconnected every now and then. Firmware version is - Firmware Version 1.01.04. Currently my settings are as follows: Encapsulation: RFC 2516 PPPoE Multiplexing : LLC QoS Type: UBR Pcr Rate: Blank Scr Rate: Blank Autodetect: Disable Virtual Circuit: 0 VPI 32 VPI DSL Modulation: ADSL2+ Username: my MTNL no. Password my CA no. Keep Alive: Redial period 30 Seconds Host name: Blank Domain name: Blank MTU: Manual Size: 1400 Router IP: 192.168.1.1 To start with it invariably got disconnected during the regular power cuts (although both my desktop and router are hooked on to the inverter so that I have uninterrupted power even when there are regular power cuts.) But now I can see that there are frequent disconnections irrespective. Once disconnected I have to either switch the router on/ off or visit the STATUS tab and DISCONNECT and CONNECT again. There is no problem with the LAN functions even during the power cuts – only the top 2 LEDs (for DSL and Internet) go off and do not come on until after the power cuts. On speaking to the MTNL guy he refused to accept any problem at his end – infact he asked me to check if there is any “surge” while using the inverter which may be the reason – but now that there are frequent disconnections even without the power cuts I don’t know where the fault is. Would greatly appreciate any help. :redface:

Thanks essbebe, I visited the site and also had an online chat with the Linksys executive. He's requested me to upgrade to firmware 1.01.06 and check. Am doing it now - will keep you posted. Thanks superprash2003 - I went through that before :). Surprisingly the MTNL guys were very prompt on that. Pity the guy who had installed earlier didnt have a clue and had installed it after the line went to a telephone.Okay - now I've gone through the upgrade procedure. Guess will wait until there is a power faliure to try out! :whistle:

Ran for 3 days straight without any problem. Just had a problem now and have re-installed once again :(

Hey Man,I have a similiar modem router but with veid problem. I can connect successfully with excelent link with the wireless router when i browse using administrator account. when i login with limited account the connection gets reset after every 30-40 sec and comes back on its own. the settings are the same as on the administrative account. Have any one resvolved this kind of problems please do let me no.Linksys - WAG 200 wireless routerPCMCIA - DWL-G650 Airplus wireless card for my laptop.OS - WINXP SP2

Back