• Thread starter Thread starter PRATIK122
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,924

PRATIK122

ISP
MTNL
So my internet stopped working yesterday... again

The LINK LED is stable and the ACT LED is blinking as usual the Ethernet LED is stable too.

I checked the 192.168.1.1 page and saw this:

The status is 'not connected' and the IP address, dns etc is not showing up either.

I clicked the diagnose tab and got this:

Everything looks OK except the DNS? I'm guessing somethings wrong with the dns. How can I fix this?

from your screenshot it seems the problem isnt that of a DNS. You dont seem to have connectivity. No IP address assigned. Well it says too 'Status: Not Connected.'am not sure what the real problem is. But for a DNS problem you can use a public DNS like 8.8.8.8 or 4.2.2.1 (manually enter in your network setting) and see if your connection works. I doubt it will. But if its just a DNS problem then the step above should solve it.

no its not a dns prob, you never got connected to mtnl servers!!, dont do anything like changing dns now. place your router, on your main line the place where your telephone is. this is because when place in some other parallel line, the signal detriorates, so try on your main line, if nothing happens call mtnl guys to help you. is that a ut starcom??

Had a similar problem a long ago.Was not getting connected to the Internet and all the LED's were stable, and the router showed "Not connected"Called MTNL, they sent the linesman first and then finally came to a conclusion that problem is at their end.Within 2 days they fixed it and no problem has occurred since then. (Over 7 months)I guess, this problem cannot be fixed at your end.

Thank you guys. Yes, it was a problem from their end, they fixed it. It's a Sterlite SAM300AX btw.

Back