Do HTC Windows Mobile Phones support basic GPRS?

• Thread starter Thread starter nikeel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 14,327

nikeel

Techans
ISP
MTNL Triband 384kbps UL
I am thinking of buying a HTC Touch.But I hear that all Windows Mobile phones including HTC Touch do not support Basic GPRS. That means I cannot use the Vodafone Basic GPRS or Airtel NOP. I can use only advanced GPRS. Is this true? Can somebody confirm?

i dont think so...

::: HTC ::: Smart Mobility :::

this says it has both gprs & edge

Hey nikeel,I have the htc touch and you're right NOP does not work on it...I'm trying to play around with the settings and get it to work will let you know if it does.

Hey nikeel,
I have the htc touch and you're right NOP does not work on it...I'm trying to play around with the settings and get it to work will let you know if it does.

Hi

Any luck on this.. i'm desperatly behind this and for your help.

Thanks

well, try contacting the customer care of your service provider since as far as i know Only mobile office work on PDA's..:cool2:

any updates guys??? does GPRS work? i am using vodafone - and Nokia 6600 and wanting to buy HTC TouchFlo or HTC 3350 - does GPRS work on it?(i can of course use my wi-fi when i am at home but what if we are outside and there is no wi-fi around and still if wanna use internet - what are the options - does GPRS work the same way i use on my 6600 at present?)

technically GPRS should work on all mobiles for WAP websites(Including HTC )Only series 60/70/80 and PDA's will be able to support higher end mobile internetwhy not check the manual or specs for ur HTC on the web

htc phones work on port 80if u want full internet u will have to activate vodafone mobile connectwhich has 199 rental plus browsing charges:thumb:

any updates guys??? does GPRS work? i am using vodafone - and Nokia 6600 and wanting to buy HTC TouchFlo or HTC 3350 - does GPRS work on it?

(i can of course use my wi-fi when i am at home but what if we are outside and there is no wi-fi around and still if wanna use internet - what are the options - does GPRS work the same way i use on my 6600 at present?)

No, Only Vodafone Mobile Connect & Airtel Office Mobile. But the speed is best is in Vodafone Mobile Connect & Reliance SMart

Back