Do I need to re-purchase the modem?

anilkumarxxx

ISP
Home 500
I discontinued BB and landline when I shifted to my new home bcoz there was no "Cable wire" for the landline connection.(they said we need to wait for 4 to 6 months to put the cable).

The landline telephone was replaced but we were unable to return the modem coz we've purchased the modem.

Then they provided WLL connection with Highspeed internet (!) which sucks.

Now they've put the cable unto my home.

I'm now going to apply for a new landline and BB.

[*]I've the old modem, Still I need to purchase a new one for a new connection?
[*]Do I need to pay rent if I'm using the old modem?
[*]I'm aplying for Home 500 C+. Does it've any difference with Home 500 other than monthly charge?
[*]I'm not going to take Unlimited because of the slow speed(30-32kbps). Does this have any speed probs?
(I was getting 256-320kbps speed with IDM on Home 500)
[/list]

• I've the old modem,
    Still I need to purchase a new one for a new connection?
    NO
  • Do I need to pay rent if
    I'm using the old modem?
    NO
  • I'm aplying for Home 500 C+.
    Does it've any difference with Home 500
    other than monthly charge?
    see this link.
    Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

free telephone calls less
  • I'm not going to take Unlimited
    because of the slow speed(30-32kbps).
    Does this have any speed probs?

(*conditions apply !) max speed 2 Mbps means 256 KB/sec

Always mention modem model/make in your post/s.
    BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU

[*]I've the old modem, Still I need to purchase a new one for a new connection?
[*]Do I need to pay rent if I'm using the old modem?
[*]I'm aplying for Home 500 C+. Does it've any difference with Home 500 other than monthly charge?
[*]I'm not going to take Unlimited because of the slow speed(30-32kbps). Does this have any speed probs?
[/list]

You can use any modem of your choice if it is compatible. Since you have already purchased the modem, there is no need for monthly rent.

500 C and 500 C+ are combo plans. ie, there no extra bill for land line. Hence no free calls. Suitable for those who do not depend much on land line and free calls. Since the wiring will be new, you may be able to achieve good speeds. But with BSNL all depends on your luck. :)

Most of the BSNL/MTNL modems have some port of firmware issues so a lot of them end up as waste piles in there store. I know some inside people who sell these modems for Rs. 300 in black. A firmware update is all they need.The BSNL unit in my area has no modems left to distribute atm. These days they call the customers and ask them to purchase one from the open market. If the customer agrees to such a deal, then only they'll pursue that work order.

almost everyday i use to 'read' Googel reader, download thru utorrent, check mails, online radio streaming, etc.Could u please tell me which BSNL plan suits me best?

almost everyday i use to 'read' Googel reader, download thru utorrent, check mails, online radio streaming, etc.

Could u please tell me which BSNL plan suits me best?

From Post No 2 .
[*]I'm aplying for Home 500 C+.
Does it've any difference with Home 500
other than monthly charge?
see this link.

Back