Do you have alternative solution?

ISP
Bharti Airtel
Most of us do not want to display the VC number on our TV screen. Please provide alternative solution for the below scenario.
Scenario: Suppose if a cable guy shows the DTH signal (DishTV/Tata Sky) in his cable, how come the DTH provider will find the culprit immediately and block his signal?

I am not understanding why this VC number display bothers for some people ... Is an legal thing even the star channels show the vc numbers of the and even the set maX like this 000-AGH-899 EVEN ITS A OBSERVED IN CABLE BUT ONE THING THE DISPLAY IS NOT SUCH FREQUENT BUT ITS PRESENT EVEN IN CABLE ALSOITS AN CHANNELS PRIVARY AND THE SERVICE PROVIDERS

But it would have been nice if they flashed it in some corner of the screen rather than popping it in the middle of the screen!

why bothers some people? because they want to watch properly. when espn and other channel shows, they wont display all the time .. that comes and goes... but in dishtv, most of the time it will be on the news readers face or stay for long time in the middle. that irritates. we are not against legal stuffs. but those shouldnt affect people's right to watch the stuff properly !!

Yes you are right, at times, the VC number is flashed on the face or is displayed on the unwanted space which is real distraction.I think, the VC number can be displayed at the bottom right hard corner of the screen where the dish tv logo is present.

Yes you are right, at times, the VC number is flashed on the face or is displayed on the unwanted space which is real distraction.

I think, the VC number can be displayed at the bottom right hard corner of the screen where the dish tv logo is present.

true..

hope you havent forgot about the screen shots !! (just wondering whether you able to get indiavision (a FTA channel) ?)

Code:
Satellite:Insat 4A (83 degree East) Frequency 1:Indiavision: 3.838Frequency 2:Yes Indiavision: 3.844Polarization:HorizontalSymbol Rate: 3.333Fec: 3/4Telecasting system: Digital free-TV

Do not worry, I will definitely do it by tomorrow.I did not checked the channel which you have mentioned, will chk it tomorrow once i go home.

Like the Venkz and appus said VC Number should be shown on the top corner or at the bottom corner,why in the middle of the screen?Vc Number is really disturbing the Tv viewing.

If the vc no. is shown on a fixed location (top/bottm/left/right corner, then the signal can be filtered out (by enterprising cable pirates); like giving a known password. Randomness is necessary to thwart copying.It is a nuisanceand highly irritating; a better solution must be found.

If the vc no. is shown on a fixed location (top/bottm/left/right corner, then the signal can be filtered out (by enterprising cable pirates); like giving a known password. Randomness is necessary to thwart copying.

It is a nuisanceand highly irritating; a better solution must be found.

let them put light a watermark which moves all over the screens !! atleast viewable !! this is height of patience !!

really feeling bad for buying dishtv !!

Back