Does Tata(Sky Provide DVD Quality Video ?

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 11,566
^^^Right. Can't say at all that Video quality is poor, but also can't term it as DVD quality. But I also say that it is better compared to what I have seen in other services.

If TS video is called dvd quality then TS+ video may be called blue ray quality.

Cartoon network in TS had 1Mbps and most of the channels range from 1-3. One or two channels at 3-4Mbps. Average will be around 2.5mbps. For DVD quality it needs atleast 6mbps without NDS payload! If some one saying DVD and TS picture looks same either they might have a poor resolution tv or extremely poor eyesight. By seeing the poll results I can imagine :rofl: TS will be very happy seeing these kinds of polls. Nice thread.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Quality is very good agreed! but DVD quality video??? are u kidding?:O:O:O:O:O:O

See the poll results, it is indeed DVD :rofl:

Tata Sky Doesnt provide DVD Quality.They shouldnt advertise That Way...:pBut So Does Other DTH Operators like Dishtv...TRAI Should Intervene I feel..Customers Should Know What They are Really Offered...MPEG4 Technology was also Misused for Their Own Advantage...People Beleived it gives better Picture Quality which it Doesnt...

MPEG4 claims were totally crap. end user has no clue about them... misleading crapness.

Agreed that they don't provide DVD quality. but what they provide is better than what other DTH/CAS operators provide.BTW, we have only two choices for this poll: either DVD quality or poor quality (i cannot obviously vote for poor quality :P ). I think we need to have an option between both of them. :D

i have seen zee dish tv, Tata Sky and airtel iptv. i do not feel much difference in the quality provided the connectivity is proper. it all depends upon how good the installation is.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

even cable tv can provide great quality if the cable guy does proper wiring to the end user's television set. i have seen cable quality in some areas of delhi... the quality is great and no one has moved to dth in these areas.

Back