Does Vodafone filter ports

• Thread starter Thread starter Xscape
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,578

Xscape

ISP
BSNL
Hi guys,Can anyone please confirm if you can access VPN network with Vodafone 3G connection from your mobile/tablet/PC, or if you are experiencing any port filtering by Vodafone.I'm having two Airtel prepaid and postpaid connection with EDGE(no 3G yet) and very recently I can no longer access any VPN network, it used to work I could connect to a VPN network few months back, seems they are blocking the GRE/PPP LCP protocols or they may have misconfigured NAT. I'm fed up of speaking to the csr and listening to their scripted replies, most doesn't know what VPN is, one of them even told me it is not required: lehSo thinking of switching/MNP to Vodafone if you guys can confirm. Vodafone HSDPA signal is good here even indoors.By the way I can access VPN with my BSNL 3G no port blocking/filtering but only downside is their signal strength its horrible.

Hi guys,
Can anyone please confirm if you can access VPN network with Vodafone 3G connection from your mobile/tablet/PC, or if you are experiencing any port filtering by Vodafone.

I'm having two Airtel prepaid and postpaid connection with EDGE(no 3G yet) and very recently I can no longer access any VPN network, it used to work I could connect to a VPN network few months back, seems they are blocking the GRE/PPP LCP protocols or they may have misconfigured NAT. I'm fed up of speaking to the csr and listening to their scripted replies, most doesn't know what VPN is, one of them even told me it is not required: leh

So thinking of switching/MNP to Vodafone if you guys can confirm.
Vodafone HSDPA signal is good here even indoors.

By the way I can access VPN with my BSNL 3G no port blocking/filtering but only downside is their signal strength its horrible.

I've never had any issues accessing most common (and uncommon) ports on Airtel, Vodafone and Idea in Mumbai - both directly on my mobile(s) and tethered to my laptop.

Of course, things change all the time and it also can depend which circle you're in, so it's hard for us to tell without knowing, say, where you are in India. I've had reasonable success on my Mumbai Airtel and Vodafone SIMs in Mumbai, Delhi, MH, AP, HY, UP, AP, TN, KN, RJ and GJ, but I haven't tested every single service I use in all those states.

Maybe if someone living nearby you has a VF SIM you can ask to borrow it. Or spend the Rs99 + some data pack and see for yourself if you want. If it works well, make the switch permanent and port your number.

Don't you just love robots? I mean, how else can you explain such a generic response?Surely a real person would have at least READ the original post - he was asking if Vodafone is any good - he doesn't have a number yet.I fear I may be about to launch in to a rant about customer support soon but I'll restrain myself. I hope my company never ends up with this problem.

I've never had any issues accessing most common (and uncommon) ports on Airtel, Vodafone and Idea in Mumbai - both directly on my mobile(s) and tethered to my laptop.

Of course, things change all the time and it also can depend which circle you're in, so it's hard for us to tell without knowing, say, where you are in India. I've had reasonable success on my Mumbai Airtel and Vodafone SIMs in Mumbai, Delhi, MH, AP, HY, UP, AP, TN, KN, RJ and GJ, but I haven't tested every single service I use in all those states.

Maybe if someone living nearby you has a VF SIM you can ask to borrow it. Or spend the Rs99 + some data pack and see for yourself if you want. If it works well, make the switch permanent and port your number.

Yeah, think i'll have to make some donation and Vodafone isn't that popular among our friend circle here in Kolkata, Airtel network has always been the best, so never had a second thought but this recent tricks of theirs are driving me nuts. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

Got a VMC activated sim from a friend (lucky me) , network is excellent and yeah VPN is working fine no problem whatsoever even reliance has no problem either.Had to tinker little bit with apn in my Streak to get an HName-Vodafone_wwwapn-wwwmcc-404 (default)mnc-30 (default)apn type-default,suplNow I'll switch to Vodafone

Back