Dont be exited over the watching FIFA on HD campaign - Unless you have patience

ISP
TrueHD
I wanted to watch FIFA and got excited by the Ad from Dish TV to watch it on HD with their new connection. I called the vendor on Friday (18th June) and promptly got a call. I was told that they cannot give the connection on Saturday but they will sell me the Set-top box on Sunday and the setup will be completed on Sunday evening and the vendor guaranteed that I can watch the FIFA match on Sunday. The set-top box came in Sunday afternoon as promised and I made the mistake of paying the whole amount including installation charges and received the package. I called on Sunday evening but was told that everybody had left and so the installation will happen on Monday. They came on Monday but after spending 2 hrs said that they want to take the set-top box and check it in their premises. The problem is that the set-top box vendor (agent) is different from the installing agency (again DishTV has outsourced this) and I now am waiting to see what will be the feedback from the installer. If they want me to exchange the set-top box, I need to go behind the vendor. I got excited by the advertisement and made the mistake. I have to call Dish TV to raise a complaint but dont have a customer identity as my connection is not registered. I will keep you updated but my warning is for people to exercise caution and not to pay the amount until you get the whole setup ready and running.

Good luck, please keep updating

Same here. The box would not display picture using HDMI output. So, the technician took it back. I am waiting for the diagnosis.

My problem got worser. The technicians confirmed that the set-top box has some problem and asked me to get the set-top box (brand new) replaced. But the dealer (Meenakshi Electricals & Electronics, Hanumanthanagar, Bangalore" is saying that I need to get the replacement only form the technician company. They are sending me back and forth and I am stuck with no answer. I raised a complaint with Dish TV with the Customer Care. Can anybody give me the escalation number (Dish TV regional manager for Bangalore) so that I can get this resolved. I have not even seen one day of television and dont have any option.

They are in different side of the town. One is in Kalyan-nagar and other in Hanumanthanagar and I dont have time to run around. Anyway the technician says his job is done and asks me to deal with the dealer.

My problem got worser. The technicians confirmed that the set-top box has some problem and asked me to get the set-top box (brand new) replaced. But the dealer (Meenakshi Electricals & Electronics, Hanumanthanagar, Bangalore" is saying that I need to get the replacement only form the technician company. They are sending me back and forth and I am stuck with no answer. I raised a complaint with Dish TV with the Customer Care. Can anybody give me the escalation number (Dish TV regional manager for Bangalore) so that I can get this resolved. I have not even seen one day of television and dont have any option.

Well I will give you the email id of Dishtv Customer care, Just mail your problem to Dishtv customer care and your problem will be resolved soon.

Email id: [email protected]

Thanks. I just managed to bug the dealer and got a replacement set top box. Waiting for the installer / technician to set it up again tomorrow. Will use the customercare number in case I dont get this setup by tomorrow as promised by the technician.

Back