• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,709

raddy

Regular
ISP
Reliance JioFiber
Hello Everybody

I am posting this thread to let some of our members in this forum know that there is no use at-all in requesting channels to be added in the Tata Sky Platform.

[*]It is all Business, Tatasky and or Any DTH provider won't add a channel by seeing it's popularity in a forum.
[*]Most new channels are paying bulk amount of carriage fee to DTH Provider and getting added to DTH Platform.
[*]Most of regional channels are not seems interested in paying that much carriage fee for it to be included in existing DTH Platform.
[*]New DTH providers will mostly add all the popular channels only until they get a huge chunk of customers.
[*]Some regional channels are being added because that region might have very less channels, so to cover that region they are adding it.
[/list]
So threads like "Urgently needed blah blah channels" is totally useless.
No one will care our urgency.

Please clarify me, why some new channels are getting added in one existing DTH Platform alone?

I think this thread can even be made as Sticky.

see, dont accuse me of regionalism or anything of that sort, but the fact is Tata Sky just dont give it a damn for the south indian viewers.. i can understand popular malayalam, tamil and also other south popular channels missing from tata sky, if the other dth guys ( dish n big tv) also dont care to show them.. but dish has regularly increased the number of malayalam channels,they have all the most popular channels there, while tata on its part reduced malayalam channels from 8 to 7 ( initially, 2 channels were removed, but 1 was later added due to massive protests from keralites).. and all those threads u mentioned like 'urgently add this channel'.. etc r arising due to sheer frustration and irritation... and one thing if u note, most of these threads r started by south indians, cuz we r the most desperate of all tata sky victims.. i shifted to dth from cable knowing that i would miss 2 or 3 fav. malayalam channels, but i had sincerely hoped that they would add them 1 by 1. it took this **** last september, and only gift i got was less mallu channels and more subscription fees.. and i see my friends and neighbours getting to see almost all the channels that tata sky has, at about 200 per month.. ya, they cant see all those active darshan,showcase, nutcase etc.. but WHO THE HELL WANTS?? in an age where u can download anything anytime!! i agree that only myself is to be blamed for taking this connection..but in life,we all make mistakes!!hope u would understand other's sentiments.. thank u

@ vinayak1986I surely didn't target you.I just got frustrated because of lack of development in Regional Channels availability. And anything will not happen when some one starts a thread.So i suggest instead of wasting time posting a thread just subscribe to Cable and use it for regional channel viewing.

i 2 agree that starting a new thread wont solve anything.. but all i said that, those who r doing that r just trying to show their frustration.. but taking everything from tata lying down wont solve the problems, either.. we've to strongly voice our protest. i've done that, by storming the customer care, when the malayalam channels were removed.. but how these sky guys r so dumb?? why cant they understand they will loose their damn business in the south if they dont add any new channels(also removing some existing ones)

English teacher needed who can teach "LINE FORMATTING"
Or Report Writing!
Mere chasme ka number kyon badha rahe ho??:ashamed:

Ok I wanna target u, there must be more than 10 channels of any SI language,
and bandwidth alloted by goverment is very less to accomodate increasing no of channels;
Also Tata Sky and dishtv are using MPEG-2 tech, so they cant incorporate more no of channels.
U must be knowing that in any DTH platform, maximum 10 channels can be accomodated for a particular regional language, its company's policy.
e.g- In dishtv, MARATHI section starts with channel no. 860 Zee Marathi and ends with 868 DD Sahyadri. Only 860-869 is reserved for Marathi section.

And tell me why u people need all of these channels??
Arent u satisfied with what they have in their package??
As in case of Hindi Channels, d no is big but only 7-8 channels r worth watching!

see, dont accuse me of regionalism or anything of that sort, but the fact is tata sky just dont give it a damn for the south indian viewers.. i can understand popular malayalam, tamil and also other south popular channels missing from tata sky, if the other dth guys ( dish n big tv) also dont care to show them.. but dish has regularly increased the number of malayalam channels,they have all the most popular channels there, while tata on its part reduced malayalam channels from 8 to 7 ( initially, 2 channels were removed, but 1 was later added due to massive protests from keralites).. and all those threads u mentioned like 'urgently add this channel'.. etc r arising due to sheer frustration and irritation... and one thing if u note, most of these threads r started by south indians, cuz we r the most desperate of all tata sky victims.. i shifted to dth from cable knowing that i would miss 2 or 3 fav. malayalam channels, but i had sincerely hoped that they would add them 1 by 1. it took this **** last september, and only gift i got was less mallu channels and more subscription fees.. and i see my friends and neighbours getting to see almost all the channels that tata sky has, at about 200 per month.. ya, they cant see all those active darshan,showcase, nutcase etc.. but WHO THE HELL WANTS?? in an age where u can download anything anytime!! i agree that only myself is to be blamed for taking this connection..but in life,we all make mistakes!!hope u would understand other's sentiments.. thank u

Not sure if there is any rule written about 10 channels only per languages, but "morally" & even business wise, these DTH operators have to accomodate all languages as they have to run their business everywhere. So they cannot prefer any languages singly.But not adding ZEE SPORTS gives some doubt, as what ever channel's popularity says, its there resposibility to provide that channel if they can add new channels soon too

@ Chinmay, please get your facts right before you give such sermons.. Sorry 4 my 'poor line formatting'.. but i thought conveying one's idea is more important than the way in which he does it.note that only 7 malayalam channels are shown on Tata Sky..
tata sky, as per the latest stats has 2.2 million subscribers.. surely, atleast 3-4 lakhs must come from kerala, as it has one of the best standards of living in india.. what completely baffles me is that they have no problem in adding some nepali or rajasthani or m.p channel every now and then.. the two ETV channels they hav added off late, rajasthan and some other, have no difference in their shows.. when ever i've tuned into them, i find both of them airing the same show.. and who is going to watch those nepali channels in india?? iam not sure about this, but is nepali spoken by a significant number of people in india?? and even worse, these crap things r included in 'south starter' pack?? COME ON, R U KIDDIN ME?? there cant b any1 watching nepali shows in south india??
and the channels which we want to see like tensports,espn etc r included in other 'le carte' packs..plz dont get me wrong.. i've been using tata sky since september 07, n if u check my earlier posts u can see that i've been very supportive of them in the beginning.. but slowly i learnt that they r simply cheating existing subscribers and fooling others to buy tata sky by showing ads like 'for 175, watch all ur favourite malayalam channels' etc.. now tell me, where r my 'favourite' channels??? surely some nepali or urdu or oriya or rajasthan or whatever cannot be my DAMN FAVOURITE channel!!!!!

@ Chinmay, u said that there r a good number of hindi channels, but only 7-8 r watchable.. i do think u get all of them on tata sky .. there r about 15 mallu channels in total.. i must say about 10 of them r of pretty good standard.. especially, the news channels here concentrate more on socially relevant news unlike the headlines today type of 24*7 channels, which r more interested in who is meeting who in bollywood.. n we get only 7 channels

I totally agree with u, these companies have offers on Movie On Demand, 12 month subscription free. They want to add more subscribers to their database, but what abt existing subscribers? What u r telling abt scenario of mallu channels, same story here with dishtv. Some marathi channels like STAR MAZA is available with Tata Sky and not dishtv, this is so beacause its star's news channel, if dishtv will include it then no one gonna watch ZEE 24 TAAS(marathi news channel 4m zee group) So its war between 2 big bullies STAR and ZEE, and we r suffering. Also I've heard Zee is not giving proper feed to TS, one cant enjoy ZEE's channels on TATA SKY. As in ur case, channels which u r not getting must b belonging to either SUN group or ZEE group, check it! You must be getting all STAR channels!

no.. the missing mallu channels dont belong to either zee or sun1. indiavision news channel- (it was shown on tata earlier, they removed it 3 months back)2. asianet plus channel - youth channel from asianet.. strange thing is that we r getting the other 2 channels from asianet bouquet- 1 G.E channel n 1 news channel, heard the star group is goin to have some big stake in asianet, so hopin 4 the best3. manorama news channel- owned by the most popular malayalam newspaper, malayala manorama

Back