Doubts about BSNL EVDO

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL
Hi everyone!
I'm planning to get a new connection as soon as I can, and BSNL EVDO is in the list of favourites but I have four doubts:
1. Does the BSNL EVDO work on Windows 8.1 64 bit and OSX Mountain Lion? I have used the CDMA 1X connection before and I'm sure it cannot be used in either of the OS. So, I was a bit worried.
2. How is the signal in North Kolkata, specifically speaking, Greenpark area in Lake Town, Kolkata?
3. In the BSNL EVDO page http://www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/mobile/evdo_prepaid.html they say prepaid for unlimited is 750 and postpaid for unlimited is 830. Is that true?

4. Is the BSNL EVDO prepaid service like mobile phones. Like I can recharge when needed, how much needed (e.g. one month unlimited, next month I don't want internet, so I don't recharge) or do I have to recharge it every month? What if I don't recharge it for a month or two, will the service get disconnected?

Thanks!

@Harry visit http://udaan.bsnl.co.in/ file a request for a home demo. BSNL sales team will clear all of your doubt related to signal and tariff

Hello iSaurabhSri, thanks for your reply. I did visit the link you suggested, but I didn't find any link about the demo. There is a link to Register for New Land Line/Broad Band/ 3G DATA CARD /WIMAX ...etc though. Is that the one to be used?

Besides, at the bottom it says 2009 © BSNL - ITPC, Pune. So will this be applicable to BSNL Kolkata Telephones too?

well register for new EVDO select your circle and applicable area. either BSNL sales team will call you or you will be given contact details of team member and dont worry that link works for all areas where BSNL coverage is available

[color=rgb(40,40,40);]1. BSNL EVDO does[/color] work [color=rgb(59,103,150);background-color:transparent;]on Windows[/color] 8.1 64 bit but not sure about OSX [color=rgb(59,103,150);background-color:transparent;]Mountain[/color] Lion.
2. North Kolkata, Greenpark area in Lake Town, Kolkata is a EVDO enabled area, So there should not be any problems regarding connectivity issue.
3. BSNL EVDO Prepaid for unlimited is 750+75(Service tax)=825 (price may vary circle to circle) and postpaid for unlimited is 750

[color=rgb(40,40,40);]4. BSNL EVDO [/color][color=rgb(59,103,150);background-color:transparent;]prepaid service[/color] is like mobile phones. You can recharge whenever you need, how much you need. There is a small STV voucher of Rs.20 and you can extend your validity for six months.
More, Its a roaming free device (all india).

Hi. Could anyone tell me how the connectivity for EVDO is in Bally, Howrah? I'm thinking of getting one.
Thanks in advance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back