Download problem

• Thread starter Thread starter demigod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 7,932
Problem : Download files in IE and FF browser not proper. stops midway. ( OK with LINUX OS)
Able to download nicely with download managers.
Took 20 attempts to update Macfee AV.
Query now : what IE settings have to do with FF ?
Comment :No idea whether problem solved .
Suggest
1.. Completely uninstall IE and check FF can download properly.
2.Try this add on for FF for more clues.
mozdev.org - downloadstatusbar: index

Ok with LINUX . Macfee Upd took 20 attempts. via IE ?
Why not exit Macfee and try ?

@Karan i was using ccproxy earlier few weeks ago i unistalled it and about Netlimiter i used it to check what all the appications uses internet.Now i unistalled that too.@essbebe i unchecked the mark it did some installation thing..IE disappered from start menu.But it is still there when i open it through firefox in ie tab.i tired addon it shows the download status no clue.download just hangs in between downloading and videostream.it so wierdi'm waiting for the hijack report analysis.. :)i did unregistering scriptproxy.dll still problem persist if you want me to uninstall Mcafee AV i will do it

Reg macfee. If it is paid program I hope you have the CD to reinstall.
If not, after uninstallation you have to use AVG Free.

Confirm Present position. ( for windows XP OS.)
1. No Virus. 2. No spyware. 3 sfc /scannow no problems.
4. System Restore tried ?

Reinstall IE with this copy. Save to disk.
Download Internet Explorer 7.0 - The latest version of the world?s most popular web browser.

Para two : Do you have any other user using your computer ?
Try again after logging as different user.
The idea is to check if Your C:/Documents & Settings/demigod /local settings/application Data/
Microsoft/IE is corrupted

@Karan i was using ccproxy earlier few weeks ago i unistalled it and about Netlimiter i used it to check what all the appications uses internet.Now i unistalled that too.

i'm waiting for the hijack report analysis.. :)

Did the problem exist before you installed ccproxy? I am aware of Netlimiter, i use it myself, pretty handy tool, just wanted to make sure that it wasn't the cause of the problem.

I have looked into the HJT log and said it in my previous post, all is well as per the log.

If you can remember any settings you changed, new programs you installed right before the problem occurred it would help in finding the solution. Also please check the windows Event Viewer(found in Administrative tools) for any errors in the system log.

i don't remember that problem was there before installing ccproxy.i did once some reg tweak (sguide_webtweak_2k) from speedguide.net.i tried reverting back those setting which is there in that site too.but no improvement so that i thought that couldn't be the cause.Actually that tweak works great for me.i really fell the speed with that tweak..:Dand about IE reinstallation i did it.Now IE is crashing every time i do some video streaming.note:i uninstalled Mcafee AV now.i will install AVG soon and i will update the result.

@demigod : It is very difficult if new problem is mentioned without posting results, for the original problem/s .Everything cannot be blamed on IE.What is your Internet speed connection ?What is the default program for streaming video ?Now I have to read the thread from the beginning.!Please start separate thread if this is a new problem. Para two :You have Dual OS, Does the streaming video files download nicely in IE/FF with Linux OS. ?and If IE/FF browser downloads works well in Linux, then windows OS definitely to be repaired/reinstalled.

i don't remember that problem was there before installing ccproxy.i did once some reg tweak (sguide_webtweak_2k) from speedguide.net.i tried reverting back those setting which is there
in that site too.but no improvement so that i thought that couldn't be the cause.

Actually that tweak works great for me.i really fell the speed with that tweak..:D
and about IE reinstallation i did it.Now IE is crashing every time i do some video streaming.

note:i uninstalled Mcafee AV now.i will install AVG soon and i will update the result.

So has the problem been solved by re-installing IE? The web tweak thing for IE is safe, it just increases the default no. of concurrent connections to a server.

Could the MTU settings be faulty? Cannot happen normally but some installation could have corrupted the value. Just thinking aloud here.

Back