Download speed cap on 849 NU plan

• Thread starter Thread starter egghead
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,569

egghead

ISP
mtnl 849 nu
Recently i made the mistake of switchng over from 849 NU to 256 kbps unlimited plan. The download speed was crap as it was capped at 260 kbps. So i switched back to 849 NU but to my dismay my download speed on 849NU was still capped at 260 kbps from the 2 mbps i was getting earlier. When i enquired at the exchange they said that they have introduced a cap on NU plan. the tariff plan on the site still shows the download speed as "UPTO 2mbps. Do any others have a similar experience? if this their policy i think i will switch back to 256 kbps. Its just 150 bucks more and they dont have the download cap of 1.25 gb

I made the same mistake and now I am repenting for it. Same case here I have switched from 849NU to 256UNLTD and back to DSL 749 but my speed is still 256kbps. I am still running after mtnl guys to get it changed. God knows when it will get solved. I dont think they can put a cap on any plan.

p.s. call up 24361221 prabhadevi mtnl engineer and report your problem plus also send email to [email protected] (GM broadband)

Back