Download speed in torrents

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_horizon

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 849 NU
My download speed in torrents never crosses 6 kbps, though i am on a 128 kbps connection. Ideally, i should get a speed of 16kbps. i know, that speed in torrents depend on no of peers, other factors etc, but if i m downloading 2 torrents at a time, the speed is 3 kbps per torrent. And when a single torrent is being downloaded, speed is 6 kbps, although the no of peers from whom i m downloading is 12-13 or sometimes even 25. I am using Utorrent, i checked the options to see, if i have enabled some speed limiting, but its unlimited over there. One month back, i was on a 64 kbps connection , i got a speed of 8-10 kbps while downloading torrents. This problem seems to appear only while downloading torrents, coz from ftp sites, i get a speed of 15-16 kbps on an average.Plzz help.

When I was on 128kbps plan I used to get 13-15 KBps speed. I used uTorrent as the client. Do try to use this. You will get several tutorials to tune to the optimize it for your connection speed.

I googled for uTorrent optimization, and changed the settings. Now i get a speed of around 15 kbps.

Its better off to up grade your bandwith to a higher one. I use to have a 1mbps. but i upgrade mines to a 3mbps. I use bittorent, I did some configuration on the ports on the router and the BT software to be the same. And i can download multiple torrent at the same time. My downloads are always above 200k (2mbps).

Thanx for the advice.....you're sitting in the US, we're NOT.Don't patronize us.... you think we wouldn't jump onto a 3 Mbps Plan if it was reasonably priced ?What are you doing here anyway ? Stick to US forums !

If Ur Port ain't Forwarded then ur speed is going to cripple so forward the port for Utorrent and then download and see

well 128kbps = 16KBps That accounts for sum total of uploads and downloada both. Now, if you divide 16 by the number of uploads and downloads (in your case it will be 2torrents = 4 as each torrent would upload and download if kept in the unlimited mode, keeping in mind you dont have any other seeding torrent), that will give you 4KBps per activity. This, provide if all your torrents are uploading and downloading at the same time and also the availability of the seedsers, leechers, and the swarm. Hence theoratically what you would be getting is a maximum of 4KBps= 32kbps.But, there are ways of getting more than 4KBps and that would require a bit of tweaking.that is what you should be getting ( 384/2=192 KBps)

@rapamumThe ONE & ONLY +ve thing about Tata is that on a 128 kbps connection, you get simultaneous upload and download speed of 16 kbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back