Download Speed Problem with combination of TPLink Deco network and Airtel Fiber Router/Modem

• Thread starter Thread starter niveditha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 493
ISP
Airtel
I just upgraded to Airtel Fiber (100 Mbps plan). Ive connected a TP-Link Deco unit (Model E4) to the Airtel modem with cable and created a network with the Deco app.

When I connect my device to the Airtel router, speed is fine (as measured by Okla and Airtel speedtests). When I connect to the Deco network (which currently has one Deco device), my download speed drops drastically while upload speed is fine.

I didnot have this problem with my old 40Mbps copper connection (connected to a Main Deco device and a Satellite deco device).

Please help !

Deco e4 has 100mbps port only.

My fiber plan is 100 mbps (and not more).
My Deco upload speed is fine (approximately 100 mbps) but only download speed is not

What are possible solutions such that I get full speed on my 2 Deco locations (without having to buy new devices) ?
Thank you much in advance

use diff name for 2.4ghz and 5ghz network. Connect to 5ghz and try.

What speeds are you getting with the Deco?

I dont think Deco has option for manually change the wifi channel... it may be interference or your client device channel does not match/overlap fully with deco.. (yes i know you said upload speed is fine)...

In your deco app, do you have option to check "network optimisation" which actually scans for interference and changes the channel? Try that?

if that doesnt work, or option is not there for your model, then simply try rebooting your deco and hopefully it autoscans for least interference channel...

thats all i can think of.

oh another thing is ensure NO OTHER devices are connceting to your deco and consuming download speed? Just temp change the WIFI SSID NAME to some other name so other devices do not connect, then check the speed again?

Back