downloading speed

• Thread starter Thread starter rishiraj36
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,986

rishiraj36

ISP
all isp are thevies
dear friends i had changed over my BB plan to 750 UL from home 500 . i had gone through BSNL portal to see the speeds they r offering for this plan which was 256 kbps i.e i should get a speed of 32 kBps to 30 kBps but the fact is i m getting a speed of 23kBps highest and 11.5 kBps lowest and avg speed of 10-15kBps for torrents so be carefull before changing over to this plan also guide me if there is something other than changing plan to incerase my downloading speed to about 33 kBps for which i m, probably we all are paying our hard earned money thanks

User rishiraj36What kind of speed did you get in the Dataone Speedtest when you had the Home500 plan?

256kbps means 256 kilobits per second,remember 8 bits = 1 byte and also 1024 bytes = 1 kilobyte.......and 1kilobit = 1024 bits...Compute that..it comes to somewhere around 25k......others who get speeds higher than that are just lucky..BSNL aims to cap(limit) speeds of users to 256k..the system is not always perfect hence they get higher speeds.If you get speeds upto 25k....then refer to your SNR and line attenuation factors...always the most important.

Hi! I've HOME 500C plan in which nower days I'm getting 5kbps speed... !! Whats teh use of having broadband connection then?? My airtel mobile office gives me atleast 15kbps speed...!

dear friends i had changed over my BB plan to 750 UL from home 500 . i had gone through BSNL portal to see the speeds they r offering for this plan which was 256 kbps i.e i should get a speed of 32 kBps to 30 kBps but the fact is i m getting a speed of 23kBps highest and 11.5 kBps lowest and avg speed of 10-15kBps for torrents so be carefull before changing over to this plan also guide me if there is something other than changing plan to incerase my downloading speed to about 33 kBps for which i m, probably we all are paying our hard earned money thanks

Don't compare torrent wala speed to http/ftp speed. Torrent speed depends on the health of that particular torrent.

If you're getting ~30 KBps on http/ftp then it's fine! :)

Back