dOWNSTREAM VALUES CHANGES......849 NU PLAN

• Thread starter Thread starter Predator
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,414

Predator

ISP
MTNL Broadband & AIrtel
I have MtnL DSL 849 Night unlimited plan........
bt recently i have noticed tat the downstream value changes everytime i restart router.........
1st it used to be 2043 All d tym.......bt nw its keeps on changing....sumtimes even below 300.........:wall:
Is it Normal? If Not then what should i do?

Because of this the download speed gets limited.....

I have MTNL MT882 Router.

see, the router stream downgrades itself when not able to establish a stable connection... 1st it will try to stabilize at 2 MBPS (2048), then to 1 MBPS and so on and so forth, during this the light on modem blinks more than the usual time..... If u're gettin 2 MBPS stream sometimes, that means you're synced with it at the Exchange level. Your condition occurs and Look for followin causes/solutions:-1. Noise -> Complain2. Parralel lines - u need to correct it - detach the parralel line3. Multiple joints -> same as above pt 24. Splitter NOt working -> same as pt 2 - get a new one5. Your Modem can be faulty - get ur freinds modem n if its workin fine - take urs to S.Haat and get it replaced..NOw try this, before switching on the modem, dis-engage the headset from you telephone, and try...Also, put your stats of MOdem - SNR Marin , etc before and after doing the above..

Change modulation to G.dmt, then u'll get 2048 kbps DOWNSTREAM.In ADSL2+ fluctuations in Downstream speed is common.2043 is d magic figure many of MTNL mumbai users r getting!

Which options should i check ??
There r des options in my modem setup.......
Select the modulation type.
NO_MODE
ADSL_G.dmt
ADSL_G.lite
ADSL_G.dmt.bis
ADSL_G.dmt.bis_DELT
ADSL_2plus
ADSL_2plus_DELT
ADSL_re-adsl
ADSL_re-adsl_DELT
ADSL_ANSI_T1.413
MULTI_MODE
ADSL_G.dmt.bis_AnxI
ADSL_G.dmt.bis_AnxJ
ADSL_G.dmt.bis_AnxM
ADSL_2plus_AnxI
ADSL_2plus_AnxJ
ADSL_2plus_AnxM
G.shdsl
IDSL
HDSL
SDSL
VDSL

Out of Which The Following Options Are greyed out [I.e cant select them]

ADSL_G.dmt.bis_AnxI
ADSL_G.dmt.bis_AnxJ
ADSL_2plus_AnxI
ADSL_2plus_AnxJ
G.shdsl
IDSL
HDSL
SDSL
VDSL
:huh:

Tick d following
ADSL_G.dmt
ADSL_G.lite
ADSL_G.dmt.bis
ADSL_G.dmt.bis_DELT

Uncheck others and see!
Dont forget to save settings to flash memory!

haha so finally u r recommending GDmt to others!

Dude i did as u said ....n check all d 4 options....bt it gt me disconnected :cry:i gt dis message Description Type IP State Online Disconnect Reasontriband pppoe N/A Not Connected 0 DSL Line is DisconnectedDen i juz ticked marked a single option [ADSL_G.dmt]n I gt 2048 downstream..............:thumb:dunno whether it wud remain constant.......i wud check it in interval of 2 hrs....... n let u guys know bout it......bt for nw prob is solved:thumb:

m getting d downstream values as 2048 kbps nw.:happy:.....Bt Is it safe to tick juzz 1 value?????? m new to dis..........;)

Back