DSL Ideal parameter values

• Thread starter Thread starter poniboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,648

poniboy

ISP
UK online
Hi guys, Can somebdy give me a hand? I woould like to know what are the ideal values that we should get for a DSL circuit: - SNR- Attenuation- Output power Are those values representing the resistance of the line?and what about the voltage? Are the values changing for downstream/upstream? Sorry if my question sounds a bit like a beginner...I just need somebody to give me a basic explanation of this Thanks in advance

HIGHER THE SNR NUMBER WILL HELP U TO ABLE ONLINE 24/7. I mean no disconnection. This SNR Figure depends on your line and how far you are from your exchange, even single joint will decrease your SNR up to 10db down. So be careful on that no joint between NID and your ADSL modem.6dB or below is bad and will experience no sync or intermittent sync problems7dB-10dB is fair but does not leave much room for variances in conditions11dB-20dB is good with no sync problems20dB-28dB is excellent29dB or above is outstandingFor Line AttenuationLine attenuation also depends on how far your from exchange. Maximum signal loss recommendation is usually about 60dB. .but lower is always good .and this will also help to measure how much max bandwidth u can get on your line .on 60db line u will max get 1 Mbps ...20dB and below is outstanding20dB-30dB is excellent30dB-40dB is very good40dB-50dB is good50dB-60dB is poor and may experience connectivity issues60dB or above is bad and will experience connectivity issues

Thanks for your reply. Definately it will help! :)What about the 'voltage'. Do you know how it does affect the DSL sync? Do u know what voltage levels a DSL signal would normally have?Thanks again

Back