• Thread starter Thread starter Zaman2011
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,885

Zaman2011

Regular
ISP
BSNL
I have been noticing this a lot for the last few years with my broadband line. Ever since I came to Guwahati a couple of years ago and took the BSNL connection, the DSL light keeps on restarting several times every day and sometimes several times every hour. It happens even more during rainy season and even when there is mild wind. I have been searching on the internet to see if that is a common problem for all BSNL broadband users but I have not found any such problems reported by anybody else on the internet. It happens every year especially during rainy season that as soon as there is some wind or there is rain the DSL suddenly breaks off and restarts. It also happens during thunder etc. The speeds are touch wood working fine recently but the DSL restarting problem is happening a lot more frequently recently as it is monsoon season here. This gets a bit irritating as I get cut off between some important session or work and everything needs to be started again. Can anybody inform why it is happening and how to fix it.Secondly, there is low voltage during evening time in Guwahati especially in the last few months. And I mean around 150v and not 200v by low voltage. :P So, my Netgear router hardly works during low voltage and keeps on restarting throughout the evening and at many times even getting automatically reset to default configurations due to the continuous restarts. So, I need to configure the router, wireless and authentication key nearly everyday and the internet cannot be used properly in the evening time. I have two Netgear routers but both cannot withstand low voltage. So, are there any routers which can withstand and work in low voltage of say around 150-170v. Thank in advance and hope that some of the BSNL experts here would be able to help me out.

I think you must call the BSNL guys and have them check your line for attenuation.....sometimes the splitter goes bad and this happens.....try replacing the splitter...costs 20 bucks only....

I already have extra splitters, extra routers, extra cords etc. and a complete second set too as I had purchased a second modem cum router last year to check if that fixes it. So, I have already tried those things with the replaced ones and have also got them checked repeatedly from the BSNL guys including their head office. Everything is fine. So, not something on the equipments on my end for sure. And it has been happening every season and even in mild rain and wind and so it must be some other reason I suppose.

I think you must call the BSNL guys and have them check your line for attenuation.....sometimes the splitter goes bad and this happens.....try replacing the splitter...costs 20 bucks only....

Hey hey, have you noticed your landline working or not during the rainy times? I'm on the same situation buddy. Whenever there is wind or rain/thunder, my landline will die and no more internet as the DSL will keep on blinking. It's a kind of security measure from BSNL's side to avoid outages caused by natural disasters.I couldn't convince them to not do that till date :(

Not the same scenario. My landline works fine and there is no problem although I hear some line noise especially during rains.

Even right now as I clicked on the reply button it was not working and then I looked towards my modem and it was getting restarted. There is no rain or wind right now and so this is not limited to rain or wind only but the frequency increases a lot during rain and wind. I am not sure what is the problem. And if they do it for security measure then that is shit security which is called screwing up the customer's work. :P

Hey hey, have you noticed your landline working or not during the rainy times? I'm on the same situation buddy. Whenever there is wind or rain/thunder, my landline will die and no more internet as the DSL will keep on blinking. It's a kind of security measure from BSNL's side to avoid outages caused by natural disasters.

I couldn't convince them to not do that till date :(

Mention adsl modem/make/model/number.
If possible upload screen shot of Deviceinfo/Statistics) ADSL page of modem
showing SNR/ATTN/mod mode selected etc .
@raman_286
try replacing the splitter...costs 20 bucks only....
unlikely. may be a two way telephone splitter. NOT ADSL splitter.

Hi essebe, sorry for replying quite late as I did not login in the forum for the last week or so as I was busy. And I use router so I had to bypass that for connecting my Type II BSNL modem and to take the screenshot after entering it.

Here is a screenshot I have taken right now. It is stable now but a few hours ago it was raining and I could hardly use it for the last couple of hours. Please check and advise if there is something wrong.

EDIT: No it was not stable even now. Just as I typed and submitted the post and refreshed the page the DSL restarted once again.

Mention adsl modem/make/model/number.
If possible upload screen shot of Deviceinfo/Statistics) ADSL page of modem
showing SNR/ATTN/mod mode selected etc .
@raman_286

unlikely. may be a two way telephone splitter. NOT ADSL splitter.

Back