dual core laptop with a good processor

• Thread starter Thread starter crossword
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 867

crossword

ISP
bsnl
I'm looking for a dual core laptop with a good processor [not anything inferior like Celeron or anything slow.]anywhere between Rs 15,000 to 22,000. I was going to go for some better configuration but someone pointed out since I need it only for internet and word processing, I don’t need the best.

I hesitate to buy from any online store other than Amazon. I read in another thread that Amazon honors warranty even if the manufacturer doesn’t.

does anyone know of any good offers available?

I searched a lot and found these deals on Amazon:

Amazon.in: Buy ASUS X551MA-SX101D without Laptop Bag Online at Low Prices in India | Asus Reviews & Ratings

Amazon.in: Buy Lenovo G50-30-80G0000KIN 15.6-inch Laptop (Black) with Laptop Bag Online at Low Prices in India | Lenovo Reviews & Ratings

the above are quad cores. some reviews said despite the 2.16 GZ, the processor was slow. I guess because its 1st generation, so I guess that explains the slowness and the low price.

but do you think it will be fast enough for my purposes?

Then there are dual cores like:

Amazon.in: Buy ASUS X551CA-SX043D 15.6-inch Laptop (Black) Online at Low Prices in India | Asus Reviews & Ratings

Amazon.in: Buy ASUS X551CA-SX043D 15.6-inch Laptop (Black) Online at Low Prices in India | Asus Reviews & Ratings

they are 1.8GHz, which is less Gz than the quad cores. However I've been told that the GZ doesn’t count any more.

A dealer told me dual core is higher than quad core. He said it goes like this:

quad core is slightly superior to Celeron

higher than quad core is dual core G2030

I assumed by the name that quad core would be superior to

dual core. So I was wrong? I should choose dual core instead?

I also found this :

Amazon.in: Buy ASUS X551CA-SX021D 15.6-inch Laptop (Black) with Laptop Bag Online at Low Prices in India | Asus Reviews & Ratings

it has a 1.5GHz Intel Celeron Dual Core (3rd Generation) processor.

Though I don’t want a Celeron since I read it has a lower MB cache, which makes it slower, do you think it would be faster than the 1st gen dual and quad cores?

Someone told me that I won't really notice much difference in speed no matter what the configuration since I only want it for basic work, but My tech told me Celeron would aslo be a bit slower on the net.

Thanks for any advice. I hope to settle this soon.

Basically I'm looking to choose the best deal from among the urls I posted above, unless someone finds any better offer. I hope to find within this budget the fastest, most reliable machine least likely to cause me any trouble. I note some machines like one of the Asus said onsite warranty. Do they really honor that?

Back