DVD Recorder for Tata Sky and Tata Sky Plus

• Thread starter Thread starter Pratters
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 7,542

Pratters

ISP
Tata Sky
I have both Tata Sky and Tata Sky plus at home. I am looking for a DVD recorder which can record programmes from both Tata Sky and Tata Sky plus, which I can export to my computer/external hard disk. I can import the DVD recorder from any where and I think I prefer a Philips one since the normal one I have been using is a Philips DVP5965k (though I can use any other company's DVD recorder as well).Kindly suggest.Also, can I export video from my Tata Sky Plus hard disk to my computer or external hard disk? If I can do that, I wouldn't need to buy the new DVD recorder and would be much easier.Thanks.

try opening your Tata Sky plus,and connect hard disk to your pc.it should help.

simple,take screw driverbe ready to open up the boxand see the results!!!:p

it must be SATA drive.so get hold of sata cable and connect both.switch on your set top box and connect disk to your pc and see the new drive and browse it to see the recorded content.:p

So I get hold of a 'sata cable', which connects one end to the PC/Laptop and one end to the hard disk? That's it? I don't need a box for the hard disk like we do in external hard disks?

its good idea to make it as external drive but then u have to open it up very often.best thing to do is connect it to your desktop periodically to remove content.:happy:over SATA port.just switch on damn thing and remove sata connector from dvr and connect it to your pc thats all.:p

One last question, what does a SATA cable look like? I am going to go to the shops where they sell external hard disks, cables etc and get one but how do I know it is the right one?Sorry for troubling you with really silly questions.

dude,at quarter to 4 .i am answering your questions.just ask for SATA cable u will get it .its nothing rocket science.google SATA cable.;)

Back