dynamic dns not updating automatically after reboot provided hardware Nokia G-140W-F

ISP
BSNL
I just got a new Airtel Xtremefiber, the technician installed Nokia G-140W-F internet works fine, I configured dynamic dns to use to USB file server and entered NOIP details, it will update the NOIP records each time I manually click on enable dynamic DNS and save but won't update new IP records as soon as the device is rebooted or gets a new IP address after recovering for power failure.Kindly tell if anyone faced similar issue and how to deal with it

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like issue with device firmware. I had this behavior with own TP-Link devices after updating firmware.
However its not going to be under our control now how devices auto updates so find alternative way for this. You can use duckdns instead of noip.
With duckdns you can run script over in client machine either in windows/linux etc.

Upvote 0
since last two days even in my TP-Link router ddns did not work with dyndns & noip. But today it worked automatically.
It seems lots of blockings are done by ISP regarding current situations.

Upvote 0
it looks like issue with device firmware. I had this behavior with own TP-Link devices after updating firmware.
However its not going to be under our control now how devices auto updates so find alternative way for this. You can use duckdns instead of noip.
With duckdns you can run script over in client machine either in windows/linux etc.

Use noip duc.
seen with other ddns options like dyndns as well manually I need to select enable ddns after reboot else the IP is not updated

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
@asdftest actually there is no duckdns option there in settings page of dynamic dns attached is image, also to mention what it has to be do with provider when noip and dyndns works and updates the IP address records when clicked on enable ddns and saving it but doesn't update which it should automatically after reboot due to any reason like power failure etc..

Attachments

• img.webp
    img.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 666
Upvote 0

Back