E72 Hotmail & Gmail set-up nightmare

• Thread starter Thread starter Vishal J
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 9,282

Vishal J

ISP
MTNL Triband
I updated the Phone Software Version to 053.001, the latest one available through Ovi Suite.

I have a BPL Prepaid connection & am using their WAP service for a few years now on my E50, just got an E72.

I have googled extensively to no avail,

Tried every trick mentioned on this > Nokia Support Discussions - Nokia E72 - Set up Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo accoun... - Nokia Support Discussions

just cant seem to be able to set-up Gmail or Hotmail.

I did the part where you enter the wrong domain name to get the set-up boxes & then input the correct domain, username & p/w - That dosent work either!

Registered on email.nokia.com hours ago & then a second time a few hours later - no sms recd or any progress despite adding both Hotmail & Gmail login details there.

I have been using Nokia for about 10 years & dont want to Droid myself or bite the Berry, since my dad gifted this phone to me recently as a Birthday Gift.

Some help will be Much Appreciated!

Thanks - Vishal

I did the part where you enter the wrong domain name to get the set-up boxes & then input the correct domain, username & p/w - That dosent work either!

I also used to do same if want to set up mail for exchange.

Well I can help you with gmail setup. There are many ways to do. What exactly you are trying to do?

You can setup push email, pop, imap for gmail. What exactly you wanna setup?

i tried configuring gmail on my neighbor's newly purchased e5. similar experience. i would enter the user name password, it led to nowhere. in the end, installed opera mini on his phone and told him to use that. he liked it over the default browser on the phone.

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

have not tried this though: Setup Instructions : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

i tried configuring gmail on my neighbor's newly purchased e5. similar experience. i would enter the user name password, it led to nowhere. in the end, installed opera mini on his phone and told him to use that. he liked it over the default browser on the phone.

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

have not tried this though: Setup Instructions : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

Google sync setup is very easy.
Alternatively you can use Nokia messaging which supports HTML and is free and good too.

Emoze is also very good & free.

I also used to do same if want to set up mail for exchange.

Well I can help you with gmail setup. There are many ways to do. What exactly you are trying to do?

You can setup push email, pop, imap for gmail. What exactly you wanna setup?

Push Mail is the one which shows-up on the main-screen like this (below) right?

Push Mail is the one which shows-up on the main-screen like this (below) right?

Thank You

Not necessarily

well just run email setup
enter your gmail address, password
It will define the mailbox
it will ask to enable Nokia messaging
Accept it & your push email for gmail will be ready.
Now when ever new mail comes, it wil be pushed to your phone.

if you don't accept nokia messaging, imap mail box will be created.

google sync is also push email but nokia messaging is also fine. so don't need to mess up.

if you are still confused by all then install emzoe from ovi store.
It supports gmail and you will get push email for gmail there too.

Don't use hotmail, so just try if nokia messaging or emoze supports hotmail
if no then setup pop/imap hotmail which ever it supports.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Nokia Europe - How to - Messaging - Set up your e-mail

i ONLY want to set-up Gmail & Hotmail - its still not working out.Are you based in Mumbai?edit: @tech_help i just sent u a PM

can you start email setup?
I use E71

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

btw Ovi Store says Mails for Exchange is not available for E72 wtf?

mail for exchange should be installed by default.
you may not find it.
so in email setup if you give fake domain name and all details, you will be prompted for mail for exchange option.

Nokia messaging will suit you better.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Ovi Store: emoze - push email
use this if you can't setup anything yourself.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

email.nokia.com
you can also setup email mailboxes there
you need to find out how to sync mailboxes to phone then.

first push email account created in phone will be your web login for nokia messaging (email.nokia.com)

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

go for emoze for now.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

back later.

Back