Enable USB/FTP access in Airtel router

• Thread starter Thread starter trichola
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 10,120
ISP
Bsnl, Airtel
Recently got Airtel Fiber connection. The router model they have given is DASAN H660GM-A.

In the router config page, I didn't find any menu about USB access.
The router has a USB port at the back. I connected pen drive, and rebooted but still doesn't show anything.

How can I get this to work? I am confused about whether USB/FTP access is disabled or not available at all.
The router datasheet shows it is available though.

most of the airtel provided ONTs do not support FTP.

Upvote 0
@nishantt6969

Was it always the case or did Airtel disable such function recently?

There are numerous videos on youtube showing USB access for airtel routers. But most of them have ZTE/Dragonpath routers and they were able to get access. Maybe Airtel disabled such access on this router?? The datasheet related to the device says there is USB access.

Upvote 0
I notice that in my airtel's zte f670l router as with each new firmware update airtel is progressively disabling or locking features. earlier create new wan item was possible then it was removed. bin file download upload was removed, now you can not even change wan settings. also these are custom made by the vendor for an ISP

ask noc team to put it in bridge and use your own good feature rich router as main router front ending wan and your own home network, in case you do not find a solution

Upvote 0
Yes they are locking out everything. My friend in Chennai got new connection and airtel provided dasan h660 model with everything is locked. Can't disable internet connection itself and cannot change the mode to bridge from ppoe. Can't enable telnet. Basically we can't do anything other than power on the ont and use internet.

Actually i wanted to try out my login credentials which is 1gbps plan from Bangalore. Wanted to try out this in Chennai :( but nothing is possible. Only way probably possible is, escalation to net@airtel and enable bridge mode. But I'm being here for only couple of days, decided to go easy.

Upvote 0
When I got connection and came to know that your account number is your pppoe password, I asked the field engg what if someone else logs in from elsewhere when I can not change the password. He said he will not get connected as your device ( I suppose the ONT) is registered for your account. I do not know how far this is true for airtel (and how it then works with bridge mode) but they do not have MAC id auth and I was coming from youtele connection where youtele was implementing MAC Id auth and ability to user to change his pppoe password at his discretion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
not unless you clone GPON SN. I have three airtel connections in my house and I have tested as well. It doesnt connect.

Upvote 0
Huh why did it connect for me without cloning ? And interesting.. I wonder how they configure that to work in that way? on basis on the GPON SN

Upvote 0
There are videos on youtube showing firmware unlock from a URL but it seems the URL itself is blocked from being accessed.

Upvote 0

Back