(Enabled DMZ) Post Forwarding BSNL FTTH

@BSNL-babus-get-well-soon
Please check if you have authorised the same port accessibility fron windows firewall.
Let me tell you,if the NAT type is set to 1,there is a bi-directional relationship established between your external IP and Internal IP ADDRESS.
Please check with your operating system.
It does not appear to be an issue with BSNL
I would suggest you to check windows firewall rules.
Please backup your ONT configurations and try resetting it.
Then,reconfigure it with your profile.
Change the NAT type and it will sort out all doubts which I have that the changes you made may mess up with my instructions.

That is strange because the issue is not with BSNL,they are giving out public IP to everyone.We will help you with that.Do not worry.I will be there to help you via anydesk on Monday...😅
I do not have any PC available for two days...
Just wait for two days...

I'm also having the same issue. I did configure NAT port forwarding configuration and it used to work with default modem firmware.

I had some disconnection issues, so BSNL technical team (franchise who installed for me) updated the firmward. Ever since that update, NAT config stopped working. I deleted and reconfigured, reset the modem and reconfigured but still it dint work.

I even contacted modem technical team, they BSNL might be blocking the port forwarding feature citing security reasons and asked to revert to old firmware which was working.
I havent downgraded the firmware yet but port forwarding is not working for me too..

I have Optilink ONT/ONU modem with me.

Use netcat for troubleshooting. Hope you are having a pc if you using linux use this command on terminal
Sudo apt install netcat -y
If you are using windows download the nmap package from Here it comes with netcat just install it and in the installation directory you can find netcat.
Use the port what you forwarded in the router to listen on netcat for linux :
sudo nc -p 3777
For windows :
C://windows//programs/nmap/netcat.exe -p 3777
Your actual installation directory May vary use copy full path it will be much easier.
Now from the other networks like jio or with some other internet concetion try connecting with the netcat with the public ip and port.
For linux :
Sudo nc 117.124.. 3777
For windows :
C://windows//programs/nmap/netcat.exe 117.124.. 3777
Now try typing something which will be appearing on the listening machine if the port forwarding is working fine .

Old thread but I've seen a mistake in OP's port forward configuration and no one noticed. Putting this here for future people stumbling on this thread.

Don't fill the external address field. Leave it blank. External address here doesn't mean your public IP, it's the IP of the server that wants to initiate a connection.

The protocol field should be UDP or TCP/UDP. Online games work over UDP.

Back