• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,533

Jignesh

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber
Airtel digital TV and Tata Sky have signed the contract with ESPN HD. However, before the World Cup begins, all DTH operators will be offering ESPN HD,” an industry source told FE. When contacted, an ESPN spokesperson declined to comment saying the company was in talks with DTH operators. Even on the cost of ESPN HD, the spokesperson declined to comment. One of the leading DTH operator told FE that during World Cup cricket, operators expect sell around 1.5-2 lakh DTH HD boxes. “If all the six DTH operators manage to sell 2 lakh HD connections, then they will be able to recover cost of obtaining ESPN HD. If they fall short, then the deal will result in a financial loss,” a executive of a DTH company said. :clapping:

ESPN HD is costliest TV channel

So will I get to see ESPN HD with my HD Gold pack? The ICC world cup is commencing next week!! Which channel number for ESPN HD? I taked with Tata Sky CC but they have no clear idea themselves. I would also like to know if anyone knows what is the function of 2 USB ports at the back of TataSkyHD digicomps? I plugged in a USB drive buy nothing happened.

Will this be a permanent HD channel or it it just a temporary gimmick for the World Cup?

Will this be a permanent HD channel or it it just a temporary gimmick for the World Cup?

Gimmick? ESPN HD is only an event based HD channel.

The practice matches are not being broadcasted in HD, no ?

The practice matches are not being broadcasted in HD, no ?

Nopes, just saw the AD in STAR Sports HD feed from 19th Feb.

ESPN HD may soon start as permanent HD Channel BTW as they have got the permission to broadcast as a channel in India along with Star World HD, Star Gold HD, Star Movies HD lets see how much time TS takes to broadcast them

Problem with making this a permanent channel is permanent bandwidth allocation to ESPN HD channel which means reducing bandwidth allocated to other channels (unless more transponders are added). I'm waiting myself for EPL to be broadcast in HD before going for an HD STB.

Hey all,When will ESPN, Star Sports/Cricket start giving their HD feed??? Tomo is the opening ceremony... Fire crackers and other performances will be amazing if we happen to see them all in HD... but still CC maintains they hav no idea... they simply tell this... any idea guys???...Thanks

Back