• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,737

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
ESPN Star Sports (ESS) , the equal JV sports channel between ESPN Software India and Star India, has signed Sanjay Manjrekar, former Indian batsman, as an presenter and commentator for its cricket related programming in the country.

With this, Manjrekar becomes a part of the list of commentators on ESS which includes some of cricket's finest experts like Alan Wilkins, Wasim Akram and Harsha Bhogle.

RC Venkateish, managing director, ESPN Software India, said, "Sanjay is regarded for his analytical commentary and has a huge fan following in the sub-continent. I expect that he will provide an interesting dimension to the team and entertain us in the future."

Speaking on the occasion, Sanjay said, "I am delighted to be part of this list of commentators on the network. I am also happy to note that ESPN Star has an heavy calendar with as many as 3 multi-nation tournaments in the next 6 months alone. I look forward to this new phase of my life."

Sanjay Manjrekar, son of former Indian cricketer Vijay Manjrekar, played 37 Test matches and 74 ODIs for India. He made his debut against West Indies in Delhi in November 1987. Overall, he scored more than 2000 Test runs with 218 against Pakistan as his best Test score.

ESPN Star Sports signs Sanjay Manjrekar as commentator | Televisionpoint.com News

Aah.. Pathetic commentator ..

To behonest i am happy to see Sanjay in ESS team.......... He is much much better that those Sunil Gavaskar, Wasim Akram, Alan Wilkins, Manider Singh, Charu Sharma, Arun Lal, ......... He is good analyst too...... These are my opinions........

Back