Excitel Broadband: 50mbps for Rs. 800, 75mbps for Rs. 970 & 100mbps for Rs. 1145

just hope they do not run out of funds or get acquired by a bigger player trying to kill the competition. and enjoy while it lasts! that's what i am doing. just because i have access to a 100mbps connection for less than 1500 rupees today does not mean i would have the same option tomorrow.

i have been burnt too many times by smaller companies offering great products before. i am keeping my expectations low.

Well shit I recently unsubscribed from excitel, this 100 mbps 1100 is too good, but if there still is packetloss issue in multiplayer games and twitch buffering, I'll just keep my Hathway fiber as there have been 0 loss since i have subscribed to it (Twitch still struggles).

Can anybody post fast.com results?

Stick to Hathway buddy, Excitel still holds the crown of Packet loss king...multiplayer gaming still a mess on 50Mbps :/ & buffring on twitch at high setting.
speed is fluctuating b/w 3.5-18Mbps on Fast.com

Believe it or not ACT is slowly and steadily acting as the airtel of the fibre world. They are now omnipresent in Delhi and prices are high when compared to other LCO players.

is it unlimited ?

Sure is. Try it for yourself. There are no limits, there is no "Fair Usage Policy" or usage limits. A 100 Mbps connection that you use for as long as you get tired of using it. Fill your hard disks! :)

Amazing........ thanks Excitel........... A year back I was @512KB now 50Mbps...........

Excellent Service..... No DNS... lost packets issue etc.... for me...

Glad to know that you are satisfied with the services that we provide!

100 Mbps truly unlimited for just Rs. 995 plus taxes is absolutely incredible and here I am paying three times that just to get a decent FUP. Too bad South ISPs are just focused on selling GB addon.

And that is where you are underestimating Airtel. Even if they decide to scrap Smartbytes, they will probably offer it only where Jio is available.

That is one of the most ridiculous strategies implemented by some ISPs. They limit their users from ever using the so called "100 Mbps" (or otherwise) internet connections by restricting them to an absurdly low usage quota. Furthermore, as you mentioned, upon consumption of the aforementioned quota, customers are again asked for absurd amounts of money to "continue" the high speeds.

Sure, I know people will speak about the reliability of services provided by such ISPs. Then again, the question arises:
Whether it is easier to change the mentality of such greedy, but reliable ISPs, OR, help a relatively newer ISP improve their services which carries an intrinsic motivation of vehemently opposing "FAIR?? usage policies" ?

Twitch still buffers at anything above 480p, speeds only seem to reach 4Mbps. Fast.com only reaches 3Mbps. Excitel is good for peering traffic ( YouTube reaches 80Mbps) . Excitel is supposed to provide 50/75/100 Mbps for ALL the websites, not just the commonly used ones.

First time I am getting good speeds on fast.com. Is the peering finally working?

We would like to officially confirm the following:

Regarding Twitch - We have contacted Twitch regarding incorporation of our peering technology with their services. Unfortunately, they don't see enough potential in the Indian market, yet, to go ahead with something like that.

Regarding Fast.com - Please note that speed test results obtained via Fast.com are not an accurate indicator of the speeds that can be attained via our peering efforts related to Netflix. A way to reliably and accurately test stream speeds on Netflix is to do so with an actual Netflix account.

6262331533.png
6262671147.png

People see Non Peering Speed still holds good:)
to find exactly that does excitel offer speed for file hoster or not i uploaded file on my premium acc and checked it
i think streaming sites like vimeo have less speed 2-3mbps
Although Some time ihave to face discconection problem :oops:
for that i keep airtel as backup
but still what i see is 80% of site giving ~80mbps speed

Thanks for sharing feedback and valuable information regarding speeds of our updated plans on various platforms.

Stick to Hathway buddy, Excitel still holds the crown of Packet loss king...multiplayer gaming still a mess on 50Mbps :/ & buffring on twitch at high setting.
speed is fluctuating b/w 3.5-18Mbps on Fast.com

We're aware of the issues that are caused owing to instability. This is primarily linked to LCOs where the last mile network isn't managed or even set-up properly, to begin with. We are making every effort possible to focus on resolving such issues, especially when we notice a particular LCO to be problematic in this regard, on a regular basis.

For the issue you highlighted about Twitch (and Fast.com), please refer to our response, above.

Guys,

don't always blame the ISPs when some site or group of sites are not working, especially when many others are working normally.

Delivering video content from thousands of fiber miles away is happening with increased latency, reduced speeds and it doesn't matter if you have a 50Mbps pipe... it just doesn't help much in this case.

Twitch are not present in India and the content comes from US or Singapore, in both cases not optimal for best experience. When content is coming from a very far away source, there are so many factors playing with the quality on the way that are just non-controllable. Sometimes it might work and sometimes might not, but ISPs in India can hardly improve this.

India so far is not the best connected place in the world in terms of Internet.

Regarding Twitch - We have contacted Twitch regarding incorporation of our peering technology with their services. Unfortunately, they don't see enough potential in the Indian market, yet, to go ahead with something like that.

@Excitel How am I able to stream Twitch without any buffering at source on my Airtel 16mbps plan but not on Excitel 50Mbps?[/QUOTE]

@Excitel

When can we expect peering with Amazon prime video?
Because as of now streaming content in 1080p is not possible on what now is a 100mbps connection ,at most it would stream HD quality(1080p streams for a short while and then back to HD or lower).
Attaching an image with speed graph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fast.com results have improved because their server is now hosted in Netherlands which has generally been a decent location bandwidthwise for Indians, earlier the server was in US.

@Sidharth P its not your lco . its excitel . i get full 50/50 on excitels server as well as other delhi servers. twitch is horrible due to their networking being pathetic .

and this response that these guys give - ''they are not present in india and are not ready for peering .''
man i tell you, this response really gets on my nerves.
i mean cmon , why this issue does not happen with airtel or hathway or act or cherrinet or siti broadband. why is it just with excitel . its really pathetic to see that a so called 50 Mbps connection cannot even load a 480p stream .

and its not just twitch that fails to run, link-removed . co , also suffers and there might be several other streaming websites that i am not aware of and have issues.

and for packet loss - trust me no matter what response they give , it will not get resolved. for these guys testing packet loss via cmd pinging is GOD . i have a packet loss problem . cant game at all without my experience getting ruined. i complained , did everything , their engineer also came. AT the end what happened was nothing. they were like ( looking at cmd pings ) that only a few packets are getting lost and its normal . they completely ignored the in game performance that i showed them and they were like we cant fix this , all we can do is ask your lco tighten wires .

so unless they completely move to ftth , this packet loss issue will not get resolved for those who have it.

and another guy above mentioned about Amazon prime buffering.

so instead of giving excuses of xyz is not peered with us , hence the issues , they should heavily focus on improving their routing . now i know they buy bandwidth from airtel , tata and reliance and afiak most of the users are on tata , so its possible the issue could be of tatas .

airtel works perfect in every way , so why cant they just dump tata ( assuming its a tata issue ) and buy bandwidth from airtel only or reliance for that matter.

whatever the case , these issues only happen with excitel
sure out of their total userbase , people who uses twitch and such sites are very small , but still they should rectify it and make users happy.

Last edited:

Back