Excitel Broadband - First Day Issue (Need Help)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 5,008
@Sushubh Okay. But any idea, Why WAN 2 is getting connected automatically and disconnects? (It was not happening when I had Hathway + Airtel).

Excitel might be disconnecting frequently resulting in airtel connecting and taking over... 🤷‍♂️

@Sushubh I'm continuously doing the cmd ---> ping www.google.com -t

I am seeing max to max 3-4% packet loss but there is no continuous disconnection.

How to fix it or troubleshoot? If you can help me please.

use it for downloading and streaming. switch to airtel when gaming is all i can suggest. it might or might not stabilize on its own with time. hope for the arrival of excitel fiber in your area soon which might fix the packet loss problem. keep an eye on it for the next couple of days to see if this is a permanent issue or just temporary.

Yes, Excitel connection is disconnecting again and again. And at that time only load-balancer connects to the backup. Releases the back up as soon as Excitel is back.

EWAN is Ethernet of Excitel.
uQ5TgK7.png

WAN2 is Airtel as Backup.
MnwIIu7.png

@achaudhary997 @Sushubh What could be the reason for this frequent disconnection?

Also, How many pair wire does your excitel wiring has in it?

Excitel/Local LCO gave me a CAT5e cable with 8 wires (4 pair) in them.

As far as why is it failing it requires you to dig deeper in the load balancer. In my case in the edgerouter the load balancer checks for ping.ubnt.com and if its not reachable it will switch to the other network.

The problem can be that the server which the load balancer is used to check whether the connection is up or not may not be reachable through excitel (highly likely because sometimes their DNS doesn't work because of which some sites are not reachable).

You can try and manually pinging the server if you can get the name of the server which the load balancer is using.

I understand. Well mine has given me the 4 wires (2 pair) only.

I am pinging 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google's DNS) which are reachable by Excitel.

But if you notice, Load Balancer shifts to Backup WAN 2 when WAN 1 is down.

I am right now using dedicated modem for the excitel wire and there I am able to actually track the Excitel Link Down and Up.

Whenever the link goes down there, load balancer shifts to WAN 2.

Whenever the link goes up on the modem, load balancer shifts back to Wan 1. @achaudhary997

Back