• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 13,004

havoc

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel, Vi, Airtel, Jio & BSNL 😉
This thread is exclusively for Excitel Jaipur & Rajasthan users. Share your experiences/problems here & we all will try to sort them out.

Here's a new one -
They have yet again started providing 9 month plans officially in Jaipur & other cities.

B22PEbp.webp

I'll post my excitel experience/review soon with tests & everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
As @Life_Warrior pointed out now they are showing OTT apps on their site too.

yo3mzzT.webp

@Life_Warrior how did you got updated to GPON? You faced any downtime? Any configuration to ONU? Anything you can share?

Also @Lolita_Magnum will it fix the symmetrical speed in parallel problem?

I have raised a ticket and it has been assigned to the LCO but still no updates...

Your "symmetrical speed in the parallel problem" has nothing to do with GPON or EPON, it's something added purposefully on the ISP side.

GPON needs no new configuration, not new cables, it's a simple OLT change on LCOs side.

@Life_Warrior how did you got updated to GPON? You faced any downtime? Any configuration to ONU? Anything you can share?
A downtime of 15-20 minutes, I thought it's due to high optical power so I was checking Link Status and got to know it's now on GPON.
Maintenance work mentioned on website.

I posted this screenshot in my thread also.
zzayczf.webp

What are these GEMPORTS?

Your "symmetrical speed in the parallel problem" has nothing to do with GPON or EPON, it's something added purposefully on the ISP side.
I agree, Earlier on my 100Mbps plan it was 115Mbps symmetrical U/D but from past few months speeds are reduced to 110Mbps Down and 100Mbps Up.
13462021492.png

r0Q8PAK.webp

Finally they put new logo on their site... But still UI & all is same bluish themed.

Maybe slowly they'll add more elements. I kinda liked the blue theme more.

akndpDm.webp

New Banner. TBH this orange and blue is a total mess 😂.
I hope they'll soon change the whole theme to orange.

Update : My Google Play Store slow download speed issue has been fixed. Now speed is always 35-48 Mbps while downloading from Play Store. I didn't notice when it was fixed but today when I downloaded a large game it gave me full speed. Thanks to whoever has done that... Either Google one support or Excitel QOS... Now the only issue remains is Simultaneous upload download speed. Today I've got a call from their CC guy and he did check it and forwarded it to senior department. This time I noticed something... Previously they always used to say "our senior team will call you" etc. Etc. But this time he said "sir no need to call us, it's already been so many days & our senior team will work on it and fix it without calling you, rest assured". Honestly I never heard this from excitel CC. Now I think they're really investing in good customer service. Also they've opened an office with majority of foreign people (I think European guys/girls)...

By the looks of it... It feels like more of a premium company. Today's experience and seeing this changed my perspective of excitel... From a local provider to a revolutionary ISP which has a lot of good stuff going at the backend. Let's see how quickly they rectify my parallel speed issue. I'll keep you guys updated.

Back