Excitel Packet loss from gateway. Where do i get help?

ISP
Excitel
Hello, i don't know if this appropriate place to write this but i just started using excitel and would agree that their plans value for money is really awesome indeed. Thing is i don't know if it's just me or something but i keep getting dropped packets from the ISP gateway that gets assigned to me.

If i was having minor packet loss on any other IP i would have been okay with it. But since i get the packet loss from the gateway every time it happens my network traffic just freezes for 5 seconds. For ex. if i have a skype call going on it will be stuck for 5 seconds, if i am playing counter strike it will get stuck for 5 seconds, same with dota.

I tried contacting their support through the my.excitel.com service and the so called person from Head-Office gave me a bull shit reply saying it's because of PPPoE and if i get a static IP it will be resolved but they currently don't offer a static IP. Any idea what i can do in this case?...

I get packet loss but it is more like 2-3% and it does not interfere with regular online activity. 5 second pause seems like a lot. If Excitel customer is not being helpful, I guess there is little that can be done. You might want to ask your LCO to see if he can help with this issue.

Actually you are right it doesn't interfere with regular online activity for me too.
But anything that is connected via continuous sockets get affected like skype calls and games.
Well i guess i will have to get multiple connections. One with low speed like <1mbps for gaming as gaming doesn't really require any bandwidth.

20mbps for 800 is probably the best value i can find anywhere in Delhi anyways.

Same, Packet Loss never goes below 2-3% on dota, Excitel is great for regular web user but not for multiplayer gaming.

Edit: my lco said I can subscribe for static IP by paying 3k/year.

Last edited:
Happens with me too, but sometimes. Mostly 90% of the times the packet loss is around 2% or so as above members also stated.

Same, Packet Loss never goes below 2-3% on dota, Excitel is great for regular web user but not for multiplayer gaming.

Edit: my lco said I can subscribe for static IP by paying 3k/year.
Thing is static IP won't solve this problem. Because this is a line issue not a PPOoE issue. he just said that to me to get rid of me xd.

Try raising the complaint via the App. They give all tickets raised via app "High Priority"

Back