• Thread starter Thread starter dinjo_jo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,974

dinjo_jo

Regular
ISP
MTNL
I'm on MTNL DSL_999 Unlimited Plan and for last 1 week have been facing problem of extreme slow downloads ealier it be around 250kbps but now max is 42 kbps i know 250kbps is for 1 mbps but now the speed is gone down considerably low. I have complained everywhere i can CC , 198 even called the Exchange Enginner in my area but they just call and say "Internet chal raha hain na"What can be done about this unprofessional behaviour ?

Can you post a screenshot of the speedtest result. This topic is also discussed at https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/60981-speed-not-upgraded-even-after/ post #8 etc. Best option is to write to the GM & DGM (Broadband). Email-id's can be found in the wiki.

The best thing for you to do right now is :take down the email add / phone number of you area manager. get the id's of the responsible mtnl personnel and send them a mail stating your problem alongwith your account details and a screenshot of your modem pagenext is to call up the help lines 198 and 1504 and register for slow internet speed problem . if you dont get a reply within 2 days after doing all this visit your exchange and give the manager there a peice of your mind that should solve your problem ... :D you cannot do anything about this unprofessional behaviour by mtnl , it took me 2 weeks to get my line up and running..... but it works like a charm now :)

I had already sent emails and spoken to Area Manager , and tried visiting exchange but the Area Manager was not in the exchange.

Hi, i'm new to this thread, i've read the solutions that all have posted, i have the same problem as the thread says. But let me describe.My net connection is a BSNL 512Kbps plan and am using a WA3002G4 wireless modem. The problem i am facing usually builds up in the afternoon time. The web pages open very slowly/ sometimes never open up itself.. i've tried cleaning the cache, different browsers, Firefox, Chrome, IE.. but still face the same problem.. The download speed though is very good.. constant 60Kbps with torrents..When i did the speed test once before, it said the ping time is too much or something like that.. I think i have messed up something in the ACCESS CONTROL settings area of my router. Can you help me with the optimized settings for better web browsing...?I have also used the application called TCP/IP config or something.. (Sorry, i deleted it don't remember the name.) to optimize the connection.. It made some changes in the registry, but not of much help...Someone please tell me the optimum settings for my router.

I had already sent emails and spoken to Area Manager , and tried visiting exchange but the Area Manager was not in the exchange.

Next course of action is forwarding that same email to the ED with a cc to GM (Broadband) mentioning that nothing has been done so far, that should surely set things in motion.

BTW which exchange are on?

Back