Facebook now support push notifications from their website on both desktop and mobile

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 3,200
Finally this feature is added by Facebook (for firefox)

Got alert to activate it -- and i accepted!

it does get annoying. in fact, background browser notifications are being abused so much on the web that i blocked the feature for the entire web in browser settings. every fucking website wants to send you links/ads throughout the day.

Not annoying for me (but then not many website probably support firefox)

Atleast firefox allows you to control which website can send notifications and which can not. So it should not be harassment.

Btw I have activated it - but yet to receive any notification. Should come to know by tomorrow evening, if it works or not, when someone tags me or messages me.

every single website would have a popup at the top of the page asking you to turn on notifications for that website. that's what makes it so annoying. this is the new malware honestly. tons of browser notifications is what i notice when i access a relative's computer. because they end up clicking yes on most of these websites and then get spammed with notifications through the day.

not sure why you are not noticing this already because firefox has supported this feature for long and practically every single news website does this shit.

I visit only few news website. Infact I just follow google news via RSS where most of the times I just see summary. I go to news website only if article seems interesting.

And I have already said "NO" to notification for most indian news websites so may be thats why i dont get notification popup anymore.

every single website would have a popup at the top of the page asking you to turn on notifications for that website. that's what makes it so annoying. this is the new malware honestly. tons of browser notifications is what i notice when i access a relative's computer. because they end up clicking yes on most of these websites and then get spammed with notifications through the day.

not sure why you are not noticing this already because firefox has supported this feature for long and practically every single news website does this shit.
this annoys me too much. I wish there was any extension which automatically says no. My broswer history gets cleared every few days and I have to say no to these notifications all over again. especially news sites are notorious for this shit

For firefox you can disable it completely.

"dom.webnotifications.enabled" --- set to false.

Yup. Just search for notifications in settings and disable it. Sites would however still bug you. Ask you to turn on the feature to stay updated. Nonsense. Google has royally fucked up the web browsers.

Back