Facing frequent disconnection every day

• Thread starter Thread starter Firephoenix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 11,582
ISP
Airtel XStream
Hi Team,

Have been facing weird issue from past few weeks, everyday my internet connection drops for 2-3 minutes during which the lights on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz become absolute stable and then internet comes back, it happens at least 5-6 times every day resulting in disconnection from any ongoing Zoom/Teams call and even the office VPN disconnects.

I have been trying to explain the issue to Airtel but they check from their end and say that your connection is active we found no issues and you are getting the desired speed's, even the Airtel Fiber app and My Airtel app doesn't give any error under Diagnostics.

Anyone else faced this issue in the past and any probable solutions?

Using a Resonate ups for backup router power since last 1 year but the issue has started happening after I opted for Static IP last year in November, dropped the static ip in February but the issue persists.

Last edited:
Check your optical power. If its low, call 121.

Here are the optical power stats from the Nokia G-140W, please let me know if these are low and what needs to be told to 121 customer care about this.

With Resonate UPS
xDbKffA.jpg

Without Resonate UPS
14Bsvtl.jpg

@Firephoenix your optical signal power at 29.21 dBm is lower than threshold which is 27.95 dBm (see value in 2nd last line).

In fact if it goes lower than -25 dBm it will cause issues. Please contact Airtel and have them check the fibre. Tell them your ONT link light goes off intermittently.

Thank You everyone, so the technician visited today, did some things and now it got increased somewhat to "Rx Optics Signal Level at 1490 nm (ONT ANI-ONT-Side Optical Measurements): -27.70 dBm" and he said now the internet would not stop functioning also it is still on a lower side and ideal should be -25 dBM or -26 dBM.

Another thing is when I took the connection 2 years back in Shimla I constantly used to get pings of 3-4 ms and the speedtest.net server automatically connected to servers in Mohali/Chandigarh, but in last October I took static ip and the pings went upto 16-18 ms and now I have dropped the static ip still the ping remains at 18 ms and the speedtest.net picks up servers from Delhi NCR and if I manually pickup servers from Mohali/Chandigarh the pings shoots to 25 ms, is my connection being routed from the wrong place? And can anything be done to fix this as I have tried to connect with Airtel over this and they have a blunt reply that we can't control the pings.

@Firephoenix actually your gateway is changed to the city which you are getting in speedtest. Mail to airtel regarding this, it will be fixed.

My internet was completely down from last 6 days, it used to work 2/3 hours max in a day and then LOS used to turn to Red, now the internet is working again from yesterday evening finally but Rx optical power has again dropped to -31 dBM and internet is stopping anytime in between, on Airtel XStream Fiber app under Line status getting error as "We have observed issue in line". but can't raise a service request as one is already open since 35 days.

In my city Airtel is working on Prepaid LCO model, Airtel techicians even called me in morning and asked me to come near the junction box and showed me the power output, there the power output was coming as -23 dBm and after connecting yellow fiber it was displaying as -32 dBm, so they told me that it is an issue as we expect power to be -10 dBm in the box so that for customer it comes above -25 dBm but we can't do anything about this as ATS Network(LCO) needs to fix this and when he called the boss of ATS network they simply denied and told that nothing can be done in this case and it is a minor issue.

Now what can be done, have already raised the concern on Airtel's twitter/nodal/appellate forum's but as such no progress, any higher authority then that or should I switch to Jio Fiber as they are maintaining the complete network themselves in my city but have to bear the blunt of reduced speeds and bad pings on Jio.

I think the fiber to your house from dp box(not thr yellow cable) is faulty. Try to get it changed, if they deny to change, do it on your expense. And if possible, talk to a jio technician or any local isp technician and give him some money to change the cable. Local ISPs fk with airtel dp boxes alot so its possible they know what can be done.

In my city also it is happening, every 2 days there is fiber cut by other isps and airtel guys cant do a thing to get it fixed for all.

Back