FAQ about New Airtel Broadband Connection in Chennai - MMDA

Get Airtel if you need reliability. Get Reliance if you are the adventurous kind. Get BSNL if they have a plan that meets your needs.

Lol for Reliance .. I am currently on it and i can promise you i am not the adventurous kinda guy.

You are on Reliance NetConnect+. I am talking about their wired broadband service.

Smartbytes can be activated only through a One Time Password on your mobile.

So, even though your sis accidentally choose a Smartbytes pack, she cannot activate it till the OTP is entered.

I living close-by. But, Reliance is also available along with Airtel for wired BB option.

Once I tried Reliance MetroEthernet . It worked flawlessly during nights. And there will be about 2 to 5 hours outage during 8AM to 8PM. So had Had to move back to Airtel again. But, at that time there were 2 hours power-cuts enforced in Chennai. Not sure how the reliability is when there are no power outages.

Airtel is the only reliable Wired option in these areas.(Aminjikarai,Arumbakkam,Kodambakkam..)
In metering I see consistent 10% less than the allocated ( When reach 68GB they mark as 75GB consumed). This should not be a major issue. Only once I had total deviation (out of 10+ years with Airtel BB)

Finally... After weeks of thinking i booked an Airtel Broadband line today !!!!!! :):)

I opted for Super Max Plus plan 9GB@2Mbps , 512kbps unlimited after FUP for 1100/- . I still have few doubts:

1. Should i go for the airtel modem or buy D-Link DSL-2750U. When i called the Customer care they told not to use any modem other than their Beetel (Coz Asking Rs. 700/- for the non-wifi variant). Why is this so.. when i enqiured he told me about some TR-069 protocol. Does this mean i am stuck with the crappy Beetel ??

2.Is using another modem apart from Beetel illegal ?

3.I am a student and cannot afford to pay 1.3K every month. On this note he (Airtel Guy) told me to stick with this plan for 3 months and promised to give me a lower tariff plan:
Plan name: Super 599
Proposed Speed: 2Mbps
Free DSL Usage: 3GB
After FUP: 512Kbps @ Unlimited with 50 local A2A minutes. IS THIS FOR EVERYONE ??... Coz i have a Airtel Pamphlet with the same plan .

4.Last but not the least .. Is there any Goddamn way to disable the Smartbytes pop-up , I have heard it Breaks downloads and interrupts during online transactions.

Awaiting your valuable Insights ... :nod::nod::nod:

stupid fucks at airtel. just get your username and password and tell them to fuck off.
never trust an airtel guy's word. get it in writing or be prepared for a surprise.
last time i checked no way to get around smartbytes.

Back