Feedback on Excitel Broadband in South Bengaluru (Preferably HSR Layout)

• Thread starter Thread starter ryuk_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 781
ISP
ACT Fibernet(FTTH)- 300 Mbps(BLR)
Airtel Xstream Fiber-100 Mbps(Pune)
Hi,
I have been using Airtel Xstream Fiber since last 6 months, although their service has been good for the most part, I feel their higher speed plans are pretty expensive and the router they provide is really crap. I was looking at excitel and they seem to have good presence in my area(HSR Layout, sector 3).
Their plans are also much cheaper compared to ACT which was an obvious choice after Airtel.
Is anyone using excitel in south bangalore? How's the service and downtime? I need a no fuss high speed internet that doesn't burn a hole in my pocket.

I am using excitel in Banashankari Stage II for almost 2 years now. Connection is provided via a lco. In my area the service is good. I get consistent speeds as promised in the plan. Had hardly 10 days of outage since last 2 years. The outages were promptly fixed by the lco. If they took more than 24 hrs to resolve the expiry date of the connection is extended by 1 day for every day of downtime.

Last edited:
Are you using it with the stock router provided? Which router do they usually provide and how's the overall performance?

well when i got the connection i negotiated for them to give me a ONT instead of their router . They were new to my area and looking for customers , so they kind of used a workaround ... At the time I took the connection they were providing ONT with 200 Mbps plan and wifi router with 300 & 400 Mbps plans. So i took the 200 Mbps plan for a month to get the ONT and then shifted to the 400 Mbps plan. So I am not using their router. I have a Asus zen wifi router ... Not sure if they still provide ONT .

How's the browsing experience on Excitel?Is it smooth or sluggish? Is there a lot of website blocking? I have a feeling that the promised speeds might be a gimmick just to cover their bad routing. I often work from home so how does it perform in that aspect?
I have read somewhere that they have a direct peering with netflix so streaming won't be an issue afaik.

I have had no issues. I don't know about blocking. Not faced any issues with the sites I use regularly . I do get promised speeds on steam and epic games stores. I am into games. So I download from steam and epic stores. Netflix, prime video 4k streaming has not been an issue for me atleast. If you want more feedback, u can ask around in other threads in excitel space here.

Back