• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,675
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayeetadhar

ISP
broadband
I am looking for Tata wimax connection in kolkata.So, I would like to know what is your experience now with tata wimax?is the connection steady ?I have seen in some previous posts that there is some problems downloading torrents through Tata wimax.is it true?looking to take Tata Indicom More4sure Flash 384 Plan.How is it? plz,advice.

dude i no ders limitaion of isps in kolkata but still dongo for tata its a royal pain in the ass

Never buy this connection even if they are providing it to you for free.I brought one flash 256 unlimited plan by paying in advance for one year to gain 4 months extra free keeping in mind of tata/vsnl name & I am regretting it since.It is not even up to dial up speed. You cannot download a single file after multiple attempts.Download file speed will be below 1 kb or below per second.They are charging Rs.350/- per month extra for 1.5mbps speed whereas the actual speed will be less than 256 kbps .On the top of it they accept their poor service but refuse to either refund your money or give desired connectivity for which you have paid.

here is my experience so farbs4 3369000 3000 OPER 00:1B:20:01:04:35 -55.00 21.00 9.99Been using tata wimax for 6 months, from the past 1 week, the upload speeds went down drastically, i am getting less than 3KBps upload speed during business hours. and i am supposed to get 32KBps upload speed. bangalore wimax towers are getting congested too much. I get connected to bs4 on normal days as it gives best signal. when i get slow upload speeds, i manually make it connect to bs3, where the speeds are good. from last 4 days i m trying to get Tata CC to get my antenna oriented towards bs3 tower so that i can get good signal from bs3 and good speeds all the time. current issue with bs3 is it gives little low signal to me, i think i can get better signal from it, if antenna is oriented towards it

@sarafgovindThanks for your input.I didn't install it finally.Their engnieers came to my home and when tested ,found out signal link was weak.They insisted me to try it out for 4 months.I didn't go for it.After hearing all of your experiences,I have to say what a lucky I am.:p:p

hiI am from Delhii am frustated with Tata Broadband wimax connection because :1) dynamic ip - not always on - gotta go to their server page to login every 4-5 hrs [session timeout]2) auto login option on their page works with static ip plans which they charge around Rs.250-300 more over and above dynamic ipplan charges 3) Torrenting not possible as they have smart software to detect such activity blocking / limiting TCPs connections [they block all torrent ports - no router provided to fwd ports ]4) installation constitutes 2 boxes [one is BIG box antinna , the other is small one which needs to be turned on 30 min before i can authenticate and connect] 5) the d/l speed is 80-85% of max download speed promised6) customer care say that if less than 80% of max d/l speed then they 'd register a complaint else no mercyso given the pts 1-6 above anybody wanting to try Tata Broadband for torrents will be in for a big disappointment!!!! - be warned !MTNL in Delhi is still the best with "always on - dynamic ip" for torrents [ you have to configure virtual server settings yourself - do not call their tech else there will be trouble:happy: although speed 'd be made better if they want!update : connection in my area of Tata broadband have been terminated by my neighbors [ same reasons above ]i guess now they are keeping their connection afloat by providing the connections to their employees , may be giving them for free !:Dplease keep this thread updated for tata BB wimax in Delhi for worst/good experience for everybody's knowledge ! :grin:

Please do not for Tata Wimax. The engineers called me a few months back to take it. I researched their website and found out that the UL plans are not actually UL. They are FUP-ed..! And torrent ports are blocked. So don't go for this conn.

Please do not for Tata Wimax. The engineers called me a few months back to take it. I researched their website and found out that the Unlimited plans are not actually Unlimited. They are Fair Usage Policy-ed..! And torrent ports are blocked. So don't go for this conn.

this is found the hard way after paying them Rs 2500 +
they 'd not refund the amount at all - tata broadband is total crap !
Now with MTNL - no isssue viz a viz torrenting [port fwd can be done on router]
But the upload is not what they promise it's max 250kbps - not symmetrical at 512 kbps downlaod speed
so difficult maintaing ratio on 'invitation based' torrent sites!
i configure d/l speed = 360 kbps to have as much upload [360 kbps] on my utorrent client !
looking for a change if better ISP[Tikona - max upload is 256 kbps] is found !

^ Well thats the reason why I didn't take a Tata Wimax connection. And secondly, when I questioned the engineers so as to why are the plans FUPed, he replied that "it was a rule from TRAI"...!! Whaatttt..? R u kiiding me ? Thank God I am still using my BSNL L conn..!

What about tikona broadband - in delhi they have started providing services 1) is there connection really " always on" ?Or do i have to punch in my id and password in their dialer every 4-5 hrs?2) What about "torrents" - do they block torrent ports ?3) Also what about the speed they promise - do they actually provide it ?Please reply anybody who is using the tikona services in Delhi for running "torrents"Yeah - that's another thing - only a fool will pay 1250+ for just 'browsing" or may be he has a lot of money to spend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back