Few questions regarding TP-Link Archer C6

Given how keen you sound on having a router that turns on as soon as it's plugged in, I did think for a second that that might be the case. My bad!😔

@supukabi I'm using it since 2021 and so far it has been good and stable (stability is the key here). Boot time is around 1 minute and I don't face any issues. Yes, the 5Ghz sometimes goes up to 450 Mbps but otherwise it's above 200 always. 2.4Ghz range is fine as well. Overall it's a great budget router (depends on your needs) for me it's still working fine after 3 years.

@tr1k0N4 actually my sister and few relatives are coming and they are going to stay for at least a month so they will stream a lot my ONT Wi-Fi is good but when it’s get heated it’s stop responding and I have to reset for me it’s ok, so I thought of upgrading my network and that’s is why the urgency.

Do I even need a high end router or the c6 will solve my problem.

Yes, I haven't noticed freezing as you've mentioned with the router with 5 devices connected.

Just bridge the ONT provided by BSNL and get a decent router. If you are in the mood for tinkering, then get something that supports custom OS on the router. XC220 is good but I have stopped using it as the main router and it works as an access point now.

Back