For sale: Apple iBook with external HCL monitor (Rs 20,000)

• Thread starter Thread starter mmmmdave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 2,612

mmmmdave

ISP
hathway
The first thing you need to know is that the built-in screen doesn’t work on this iBook, thanks to a tragic glass of spilled wine. However, everything else WORKS PERFECTLY – which means that if you plug it into the external monitor that we’re including with this computer, you’ve got yourself a FINE desktop system for only Rs 20000.

===================
You can see pictures of the system here:

http://unclestu.com/Delhi/ibook1.jpg
http://unclestu.com/Delhi/ibook2.jpg

Here are the details:

iBook g4 12”
OS X 10.4.10
1.33 GHz G4
768 MB RAM
40 GB hard drive
2 USB / 1 Firewire port
Bluetooth
Wifi / Ethernet
CD RW drive
Two batteries – one with a 3.5 hour charge, another with a 1.5 hour charge
Charger (requires adapter, but not converter)
External monitor cable
Startup CD

Includes Microsoft Office, Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive), and various other programs.

Monitor specs: one-month old HCL 15-inch with built-in speakers. Very sharp image.
===================

This is a VERY GOOD computer. It’s fast, it’s in good shape, and it can support design applications like Photoshop and Illustrator along with all your Microsoft Office work and internet browsing. Plus, since it’s a Mac, it’s far less likely to get viruses than a PC. If you think of it as a desktop system, then the lack of a built-in screen won’t bother you at all.

If you want a price comparison, look how much similar used iBooks are selling for in the US: iBook G4 : Usedmac -

As you probably know, Apple products sell in India for about 50% more than they do in the US due to tariffs or what not, so you can tell this is a good deal.

You can see this computer at my home in Hauz Khas, or we can meet at my office in Gurgaon. Let me know if you have any questions!

Contact me if you’re interested.

Back